• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Options Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of the movement at FLOPS in the last few years have been pilots in the retiring fleet moving to different airplanes. They were not forced to sign training agreements. On the other hand-most pilots dont move there as the slide to poverty will effect them and cost them $$$. I haven't heard of many training contracts lately due to the reassignment of pilots. First and foremost why would anyone come to FLOPS in its current condition. The smart move is NJ. If you have you finger on the industry you already can see that many of the smaller outfits are having trouble filling seats and changing things like pay and contracts. It is only a matter of time till it spreads.

Flops hiring requirements

The hiring requirements are the lowest they can legally be to work at Flops since management requires all the pilots to be typed. It has been over 2 years since the last hiring round at Flops and they start at the absolute minimum. This gives you an idea of how bad it is at Flops.
The commuters are a step up from Flops.

Types

The hiring requirements are the lowest they can legally be to work at Flops since management requires all the pilots to be typed. It has been over 2 years since the last hiring round at Flops and they start at the absolute minimum. This gives you an idea of how bad it is at Flops.
The commuters are a step up from Flops.

You can get a type with just a commercial certificate (actually private/instrument) . The ride still has to be flown to ATP standards and the type will be reissued when you are issued your ATP sometime in the future.

The way I see it ... FLOPS has left themselves about 1200 hours of wiggle room to lower their mins even further when nobody knocks on the door.

Absolutely Correct

You can get a type with just a commercial certificate (actually private/instrument) . The ride still has to be flown to ATP standards and the type will be reissued when you are issued your ATP sometime in the future.

The way I see it ... FLOPS has left themselves about 1200 hours of wiggle room to lower their mins even further when nobody knocks on the door.

And Flight Options Management wouldn't dare publish minimums lower than that required by the Airline Transport License. That would be too much ammunition to give the Union to share with the Owners. Instead, like every aviation company, there will be Pilots who will still apply who have significantly less than the stated minimums. However, unlike most employers who will thank the applicant and ask him to reapply when he meets the stated minimums, our Management will most likely be forced to contact the several hundred hour Total Time applicant and ask him:

When can you report for class?

Our Beechjet Captains are in for loads of fun this Winter.

Freedom.

Last edited:
You can jump on me all you want, but I am going to throw an interesting theory to all of this.
Being the latest rumor is that Embraer is looking into buying us. I find it really interesting that with this so called hush hush order of the 300's and all of a sudden we are changing our logo, I am thinking something is brewing.
Embraer, picture yourself sitting at Signature at KBOS. There is a little brown guy with a 3 stooges(Moe) haircut and a stick through his nose wearing a FLOPs uniform. He's talking with a Netjet pilot explaining how, one day he stops at the local bait shop to trade for a couple of frogs so he can poison the needles he uses in his trusty blow gun, which is used to hunt down chimpanzees in the brazilian jungle for food. He also notices a copy of Trade a Plane, and finds out FLOPS is hiring. Bam!! Another South American success story. FLOPS has found a way to lower its labor cost.

Embraer, picture yourself sitting at Signature at KBOS. There is a little brown guy with a 3 stooges(Moe) haircut and a stick through his nose wearing a FLOPs uniform. He's talking with a Netjet pilot explaining how, one day he stops at the local bait shop to trade for a couple of frogs so he can poison the needles he uses in his trusty blow gun, which is used to hunt down chimpanzees in the brazilian jungle for food. He also notices a copy of Trade a Plane, and finds out FLOPS is hiring. Bam!! Another South American success story. FLOPS has found a way to lower its labor cost.

Now that's FUNNY! :beer:

Good story telling but you had one flaw. There are no chimpanzees in South America.:beer:

Yea but there will be soon enough at FLOPS

The most important qualification will be for a potential new hire is his/her views on Unions. If they have a breath in them and have ticket in their wallet with min quals they will get the job if they just say, "I hate Unions". :rolleyes:

The most important qualification will be for a potential new hire is his/her views on Unions. If they have a breath in them and have ticket in their wallet with min quals they will get the job if they just say, "I hate Unions". :rolleyes:

Dont stop fighting guys.. Remember every single leg the aircraft needs to be thoroughly pre flighted and any and all discrepancies noted on a 501...

One advantage of coming to flops is that you will get a type rating in training and a couple of types look good on the resume for a better job..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back