• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boris didnt mention he puts all those signs in the window.. and that the thousand bonus goes to him!!

Ahh they put a sign up in the Baron that I am flying now! as far as pay goes, I started there at 39k per year. You have to try hard to only get the minimum pay schedule. At least in Florida you are pretty much going to make at least 30k, especially with the pilot shortage and the overtime that you would be getting covering other run segments if you wanted to. In the world of 135 freight, Flight Express is pretty good.

Ahh they put a sign up in the Baron that I am flying now! as far as pay goes, I started there at 39k per year. You have to try hard to only get the minimum pay schedule. At least in Florida you are pretty much going to make at least 30k, especially with the pilot shortage and the overtime that you would be getting covering other run segments if you wanted to. In the world of 135 freight, Flight Express is pretty good.

I started there march 19 and ended december 28. My last pay stub shows just over 30k. I lived in the hangers in CPS and BNA and for 7 months in a hotel with per diem and a rental car. I have a pretty good start on a down payment for a house. Not bad for first year pay. Screw the regionals.

Like everyone else, I would stay if there was a bit more career progression. Who knows I might be back.

Hello guys. Life is still much the same here. I sent my resume to Victoria 's Secret because I look good in fishnets.

Yeah the sign is tacky but it was not my idea. The only upside to it is now pilots who refer only wait a month to collect the bonus not the old 3 month wait.

It is hard to find line pilots but I am very grateful for the ones we have and have had. It has been a ride. Like everyone else I am keeping my eyes open. Auburn University needs a pilot.

I know the web site needs a little tweaking and will see to that. Matt works for the Feds now and Austin is the CP. God save us all! Actually he is a pretty decent guy ONCE you get the training done.

As I was waiting in ATL for a standby seat I realized something. There is no shortage of poorly dressed paxs.

Be safe guys and stay in touch.

Last edited:
I started there march 19 and ended december 28. My last pay stub shows just over 30k. I lived in the hangers in CPS and BNA and for 7 months in a hotel with per diem and a rental car. I have a pretty good start on a down payment for a house. Not bad for first year pay. Screw the regionals.

"Screw the regionals?" Lol. Mesa perhaps, yes. But as an f/o I made $51k in 2007 flying 950 hours in modern EFIS/FMS equipped jetliners, not 35 year-old ill-equipped singles and twins. I sleep in four and five-star hotels every night like a human being, not noisy hangars like a frat house. Been there! I bought a nice house two years ago and have 14-16 days off per month, sometimes more.

I suspect you are very young. But when you get older and have paid a lot of dues, sleeping in hangars, being pushed beyond operational limits and flying in those condition gets a little old.... fast.

Best of luck to you.

IHF

Yeah right.....what regional would that be that puts you up in 4 and 5 star hotels?

I fly for American Eagle. We are not Mesa and we don't sleep in our airplanes. Last month my overnights were in Cedar Rapids, Grand Rapids and Greenvile. The hotels were a Crown Plaza, a Hilton and a Crown plaza respectively. The month before was Laredo, White Plains and Des Moines. Hotels are a Hilton Suites, Crown Plaza and a new Fairfield Inn. Better than a hangar, don't you think?

There are one or two places that have hotels that don't meet our standards. Through our very pro-active hotel committee, we are working to change them. The company is fairly responsive to out input on the matter of hotels.

IHF

I fly for American Eagle. We are not Mesa and we don't sleep in our airplanes. Last month my overnights were in Cedar Rapids, Grand Rapids and Greenvile. The hotels were a Crown Plaza, a Hilton and a Crown plaza respectively. The month before was Laredo, White Plains and Des Moines. Hotels are a Hilton Suites, Crown Plaza and a new Fairfield Inn. Better than a hangar, don't you think?
I wish I had seen this post a year ago, I would have went to Eagle instead of Mesa. Instead of the useless turbine PIC I left with I could be staying at some sweet hotels.

I agree freight takes its toll on you after a while, and you're probably not going to bypass the regionals because you worked at FLX, but it was fun and if you need the cash it's better than any 1st year regional. You said 51k as an f/o, but what year is that?

Btw the CPS hangar is nicer than the BNA hangar.

Latest resources

Back