Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FTY run

More details on new FTY Run..
Cessna 210 run with route being FTY-HXD-SAV-FTY. No word yet on start and end times for the duty day. Starts June 19th.

Sounds cool...wish I had the time/ratings...I'd love to get that run....how exactly does it work? Are there other runs out of FTY? How many pilots,etc?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 pilots on the list. I *think* there is one other FTY run, but I'm pretty sure that it is held by a pretty senior guy who isn't going anywhere. Dassault can probably give you the facts. Bidding is done by seniority. We're really hurting for pilots right now, though, so they may work with someone who wants to be in a particular location, I don't know. Doesn't hurt to ask Gary (pilot recruiter). 1800OPSKORL ext 613

Boris Badenov said:
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 pilots on the list. I *think* there is one other FTY run, but I'm pretty sure that it is held by a pretty senior guy who isn't going anywhere. Dassault can probably give you the facts. Bidding is done by seniority. We're really hurting for pilots right now, though, so they may work with someone who wants to be in a particular location, I don't know. Doesn't hurt to ask Gary (pilot recruiter). 1800OPSKORL ext 613

Still hurting? I'm getting so close it's almost excruciating.

How senior is LUK? It's about the closest to my family that I could get but still far enough away to maintain sanity.

Anyone know roughly what the baron transition time is with FLX? Their website says 6-8 months from Spring 2005. More or less if you're flexible with where you're based?
thx

Seniority and upgrade times

As mentioned in previous posts, you never know how long you may have to wait to get into a particular base. It may be right out of training, or it could be a couple of months. Lunken has been downsized recently with only 2 C210 and 2 BE-55 runs left.
As far as upgrade time into the Baron, it is a solid 10-12 months before a twin position opens, even if you are wiling to go to the first open available run. I myself am not being picky, and I still can't hold a baron run, even after being with the company for 11 months.

A guy I know with maybe six months seniority at the time got displaced from LUK when some of the runs went away, so I suspect it might be kind of hard to get right now. I've been here nine months and not even the whiff of a baron run. I'm told that this is largely because we can't get bodies in to 210s to cover the runs that upgrades will leave behind. In short, come work for FLX, so I can upgrade.

Dassault747 said:
As mentioned in previous posts, you never know how long you may have to wait to get into a particular base. It may be right out of training, or it could be a couple of months. Lunken has been downsized recently with only 2 C210 and 2 BE-55 runs left.
As far as upgrade time into the Baron, it is a solid 10-12 months before a twin position opens, even if you are wiling to go to the first open available run. I myself am not being picky, and I still can't hold a baron run, even after being with the company for 11 months.

Hey Dassault...just out of curiosity, when was your class last year?....may have been in with you.

masedogg19 said:
Hey Dassault...just out of curiosity, when was your class last year?....may have been in with you.
if you're at AWAC you were probably in my class! did you ever see T MAC at dennys??

Latest resources

Back