• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Gary's (pilot recruiter) extension is now x610.

New pay during training policy - you only get paid if you finish training. They were getting burned from guys who, halfway through, decided they didn't want to continue and were asking for their check...

Wow a whole $10 an hour, and all you have to do is move where they want you to. Great!

What's particularly sobering is that FLX is one of the best, if not the best paying 135 piston cargo companies. Even more sobering? At $10/hour with no overtime, I make more money than I could possibly hope to first and second year at a regional.

FLX is a good operation. They are on the same field I fly out of and I hear nothing but good things about their operation. The job might not be glamorous, but it will put food on your table and a roof over your head. What options would a 1200 hr guy have in terms of income anyway?

Last edited:
Flight Express is an awesome company to get your foot in the door with. With all of the potential furloughing going on out there it is nice to have some shape of security. The pay varies just as spoken about above, as a new hire I got the longest run in the system that pays a good bit. If anyone wants to trade in BNA for BFM let me know. Other than no complaints accept for no time to really do anything but rest for the next days work. Oh well.. Cheers

I had the easiest run in the company last summer...was still able to instruct during the day as well.....company couldn't have treated me any better...when I needed some time off for weddings they did everything they could to accomodate (sp?) me.....only spent about 3.5 months there but I'd do it again...I've recommended it to all of my friends as they hit the 1200 hour mark

jax/crg

I was wondering about the runs based out of jax/crg. How long are they, how much flight time, how hard are they to get? Thanks

I think there's only one run out of craig. It goes to ORL, sits around, and heads back. Something around 7 to 7 1/2 hours duty time, so a minimum pay run, I think. One of my classmates got it out of training. I imagine it's not too hard to get due to low duty time and the fact that for a minimum time run, it's kind of long. Of course, you never can tell, and you should be ready to relocate anywhere the company sends you etc etc etc.

Regards,
Boris

Runs in CRG

There are four C210 runs and one Baron run. As Boris mentioned, Run 223 is a min duty run with only 2 hours of scheduled flight time. Run 275 is nearly 14 hours long with a little over 4 hours of flying. 221 is roughly 12 hours on the clock and 5 hours of flying. 205 is probaly close to 12 hours with at least six hours of flight. The single baron run, run 215 is a min duty with around four hours of flying.
Getting into CRG quickly varies. If you are desperate for CRG, you can probably get 223 within a month. But the other runs are currently operated by relatively senior guys, 221 in particular is owned by a guy with six years seniority. Again, movement within the company can change on a dime. When I was hired 10 months ago, I could have held 275 permanently three weeks out of ground school if I had wanted to.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back