Flight Express Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New Atlanta run in Fulton County

For anyone considering Flight Express and wanting to be based in the Atlanta area, a new run is being started June 19th. No word on whether it will be a Baron or 210. Regardless, it will open up a FTY slot if someone is interested.

hmmm.. I've always liked Atlanta (I used to live there.) Underqualified for now with a just a little over 500tt. However, I'm takin off to tow banners till labor day and I'll have around 1000tt when I'm done in September. Then all I'll lack for the 135 mins in the night hours plus 200 more tt. My plan is to figure out how to get on with either Ram Air (Charlotte's Concord domicile idealy) or Flight Express ASAP after returning with around 1000tt. Sounds like FLX is the way to go for better pay but maybe Ram is the way to go for a quicker upgrade. Anyone care to elaborate on the differences and the pro/cons of the companies? Thanks in advance.

mcjohn said:
Sounds like FLX is the way to go for better pay but maybe Ram is the way to go for a quicker upgrade. Anyone care to elaborate on the differences and the pro/cons of the companies? Thanks in advance.
those are about the only differences. my last run paid $140/day at flx, at ram air it would have paid $85?/day.
the twin upgrade is longer at flx, partly because there are less multi airplanes, and partly due to a lack of new incoming pilots.

i don't know much about ram, but if i had to do it again now, knowing about the longer upgrade, i'd probably still goto flx. i've enjoyed it and there's a good group of people here.

yzf just likes us because we don't compete with him for the Bartenders Of Size at the local honky tonks.

Incidently, as far as I can tell that is the biggest difference. Maybe someone from Ram could chime in. My thinking in choosing FLX was the rest all have training contracts anyway (Airnet, CASW, Ameriflight...RAM may not, I don't know), so if I'm going to be stuck somewhere for a while, I'd rather be paid (relatively) well and have the option to leave whenever I want without breaking a contract. FLX was also willing to hire me without a multi rating, which was yet another financial hardship I could put off for a while. I certainly have no regrets, but you should consider that everyone's circumstances are different. I've never heard anything negative about RAM except for the pay and you should already know how important that is to you.

Incidently, if I didn't make it clear, I'm about as happy at FLX as one could reasonably expect to be flying 135 cargo for a lot of hours a day. Good company, great people, even the Australians.

Ram Air is a great place to work...

...just ask the two pilots who were fired last month for complete bull$hit reasons. I'm sure they would agree.

bartenders of size, that's good

the bigger one (tattoos, 3 teeth, covered in moles) was asking about you. she said ya'll could come on back home with her and sister deewayne anytime.

Latest resources

Back