• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight Express Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Express is a great company; I have never heard anyone talk it down.
I have one of the longer runs

Starts at: 0500 and stops at 1800-1900.. paid the entire time, to do what you like on down time. Flys about 5-7 hrs a day. You can't beat it. Maintenance and people top knotch.

7167L: To my knowledge, there is no public route map. If one were enterprising, one could probably use FlightAware to get an idea of our route structure.

Flight Express Needs another 10 pilots immediately!

Alright guys, if you haven't seriously considered Flight Express yet, let me mention the pay structure once again.
Pilots are paid per duty hour, NOT by flight hour. $10 per hour regardless of equipment, domicile, or longevity with the company. Some initial hires are holding maximum duty runs that pay nearly $140 per day. You do the math, and you can easily gross over $35,000 per year with a maximum duty day run of 14 hours.
On the flip side, if you have a very short run, specifically less than 7.5 hours, then you are paid a minimum of $75 per day, even if you work for the company for as short as 30 minutes!
Additionally, per diem is added at the 6 month, 1 year, 2 year, and 3 year marks. They pay $2, $5, $10, $15 per day respectively.
Furthermore, upon successful completion of your initial checkride, you are given a $1,000 bonus check. This check must be returned only if you leave the company within six months. Many pilots that don't intend to stay for six months, simply don't cash the check, and hand it back to management when they leave. Recruiting bonuses are also offered. If an applicant lists a current line pilot on their resume and successfully gets hired and stays with the company for at least 3 months, the name on the resume is awarded a $1,000 for recruiting the pilot.
Current domiciles: ORL, CRG, BNA, OPF, FXE, BHM, HKS, LIT, FTY, TPA, LUK, TRI, and maybe one or two others in the gulf coast area.
Flight Time requirements: Part 135 Single Pilot IFR, all mins must be met except for total time requirement. Mangement is willing to hire with only 1100 in this category.
Gary Hillyer is the recruiter, can be reached at 800-677-5675 ext 613.
And by the way, no interview or sim eval!! Yes you heard me, if you can fly a plane, and are willing to go through one of the most thorough, stressful, and tough ground schools around, then give us a call!!

Dassault747

Ground school isn't tough, it's just busy. If you can fog a mirror, you can pass the sim ride. I'd suggest not trying to show that it's really impressive to make it into Flight Express, but rather that their maintenence is top notch and it's at the top of the pile of 135 cargo operators.

If you're going to fly 135 as soon as you hit 1200 hours, I think you should go to Airnet, Flight Express, MAC, Ram Air, etc. rather than some mom and pop outfit with some run-down Aztecs. You did hit on an important point for those of us looking to get into the regionals, and that is the fact that there is no contract to sign (unlike the year at Airnet) so you can leave as soon as you get the call from whomever.

The C210 is an easy plane to fly, and should get almost anyone up to speed quickly on their runs. I enjoyed the people and my short time at Flight Express and you'll never be as good a pilot as you are while you're there.

I was wondering if ORL is usually available out of training class, unfortanately I can't move from the Orlando area due to my wifey's job and the fact that we have a house here.

ORL wasn't available for my class. Your mileage may vary. Generally, the company is pretty hard line on the idea that you must be willing to move anywhere. That said, if you can tough it out somewhere for a month or two, you can almost certainly hold any base in a relatively short amount of time. It's also possible that you'd get ORL right out of training...just depends on who quits, upgrades, or moves. It can't hurt to ask, anyway. See the number above.

Regards,
Boris

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back