• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flight cancellations surge at American Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMR is threatening legal action to stop the pilots from taking MX delays.

Please, go to court to force us to stop writing up cabin or cosmetic items when we are made aware of them.

"Your Honor, we are simply requesting a restraining order to force the pilots to not log maintenance item until the end of the day when contract mx can deal with them in a manner that won't cause the operation to completely come unglued."

Go ahead...

TC

G4, you go ahead and cross that line. I think you're looking through rose colored glasses though. I'm no big union guy, but who else do we pilots have on our side but ourselves? The press, the FAA, the docs, airline managements, the judges, Wall Street and the general public pretty much don't see our side of things nor understand or give a rip as to what we've endured and live with. If we cannot stand in unity together we are more screwed than ever.

You do not understand a closed shop.

"amazingly unfair"? you're already a second class member just by showing your true colors and flying for NJI. You had better not test those former teamsters or you'll be looking for job number 12 (or whatever number you're up to) Its a matter of federal law: you do not have the right to act like you are...

What actions of mine are not allowed? How could I lose my job for believing the way I do?

union guys are a strange lot.

They surely are. Their definition of going along with the group is to go along with THEIR group. There is a large group at my company who are not ardent unionists, but I don't see any calls here for US to act as a group. Pretty funny.

G4, you go ahead and cross that line. I think you're looking through rose colored glasses though. I'm no big union guy, but who else do we pilots have on our side but ourselves? The press, the FAA, the docs, airline managements, the judges, Wall Street and the general public pretty much don't see our side of things nor understand or give a rip as to what we've endured and live with. If we cannot stand in unity together we are more screwed than ever.

Fair post. I feel we all, as INDIVIDUALS, should deal with our employers. I don't understand forcing them to treat us the way we want when it is their company. If we don't like our jobs, let's go elsewhere. Our freedom to do just that helps keep our pay up, because training costs are so high.

Your IGNORANCE in union matters feeds your oversimplistic views of the "Real World".
Going on "Strike" is not an individual choice, it is a group effort..
Strength in numbers. The sacrifice of the many will benefit ALL, including the "NON PARTICIPANTS". Get it. Without unity we have, well..... The likes of G4 and friends.

Well put, but I just don't agree.

No, CNN is to the left. But CNN's degree of extremism isn't as bad as Fox's. My preferred news source and channel is BBC. That is fair and balanced. They report the who, what, where, when, just as news was meant to be, without the right wing or left wing slams.

Amen.

Well put, but I just don't agree.

Crossing a legal picket line, while never going to be my choice. Has been done by a few pilots in the past. I think the boys are just expressing their disgust in an expressive manner. I can’t think of anyone actually being harmed. Scabs even manage to eek out careers. Netjets has more than a few, as most airlines do. So, you would be in good company. I would call it bad company.

So how about those greedy union grubbing Referees?

If my union struck my company and I did not agree with that action, I would cross the line. Nothing pathetic about that. ...

If you fukked up and the company decided to terminate you, would you expect to be backed by the union, or if the union felt (for whatever reason) that you're expendable you'd be ok with that too?

Just asking...

Latest resources

Back