Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah, a "rugged individualist."

Originally Posted by G4dude
If you freaking morons ever strike NJA, I will definitely scab. So will almost all my colleagues at the former NJI.

You sir, are a dirtbag. I would be careful lumping your colleagues in the same group as yourself.

By the way, after what the AA unions did to TWA, I have a little difficulty sympathizing now, actually.

Might want to research what actually happened there. While I wont say APA turned a blind eye to what was going on, it was in fact ALPA that ********************ed the TWA pilots, not APA.

Might want to research what actually happened there. While I wont say APA turned a blind eye to what was going on, it was in fact ALPA that ********************ed the TWA pilots, not APA.

He's a naive, ignorant prick!!

I am sorry for what AA did to the pilots in the past. Isn't further endangering AA's survival now counterproductive?

no, because "no job" and keeping your dignity is better than a $hitty job...

If you have ANY idea of the history at AMR, and the dichotomy between how well management members have done vs the pilots over the past decade plus you would not be saying such stupid and naive things.

OK G4, I'm sitting on the outside looking in but let me see if I can make this a little easier for you to understand in your frac world. I guess you're making over $100K a year as a NJA captain. Let's say instead you're making around $60K a year like you guys did before the contract was signed at the end of 2004 (because AA pilots are making 15% less than their industry standard wages in 2000). Management offers a paltry raise so that at the end of your 6 year conract, plus RLA induced 4 more years without one, you will be making $69K a year in 2022, except subtract night/int'l override and soft time from new draconian work rules, so in 2022 you will make the same you did in 2004. Except you can kiss your 7.5% company 401K match goodbye, and now you have to work 9 on 5 off for the same pay you got for 7 and 7. Oh, and all the Beechjets and old citations will be outsourced to Netjets Lite resulting in hundreds of NJA furloughs, but furloughed pilots are welcome to apply for $19K/year to start! Maybe you will still make $60K. Maybe you will be displaced out of your CA seat and make $40K instead. Also, your company is losing money because while other companies like Flex and and Citationshares used their employee concessions to fund new Citation Xs and Gulfstreams (ever heard of them?) your beloved NJA is still flying around Sabreliners and Jetstars burning a crapload more fuel than the competition. This because a large amount of NJA concessions were used to fund management raises and obscene bonuses. So because of excessive management compensation and fuel burn NJA is losing money, files bankruptcy and blames the pilots because they work one day less per month than their competitors, while still having 4.5 BILLON DOLLARS cash in the bank. Given the choice between accepting all the above or doing everything in your power to LEGALLY change the above scenario, what would you do?

P.S.- While above is playing out, Flexjet who already made more than you just got a raise and is looking at another significant one in 3 months. The new Super Citationshares who merged with Flightoptions has an AIP on a contract with massive improvements above your current contract, and both of these contracts will allow much less outsourcing to their "lite" divisions than your management is trying to ram down your throats. Still want to bend over and take it up the potito? This is the choice every AA pilot must make. I do not envy their situation, but sometimes it truly is better to die fighting then live on your knees in fear.

Last edited:
OK G4, I'm sitting on the outside looking in but let me see if I can make this a little easier for you to understand in your frac world. I guess you're making over $100K a year as a NJA captain. Let's say instead you're making around $60K a year like you guys did before the contract was signed at the end of 2004 (because AA pilots are making 15% less than their industry standard wages in 2000). Management offers a paltry raise so that at the end of your 6 year conract, plus RLA induced 4 more years without one, you will be making $69K a year in 2022, except subtract night/int'l override and soft time from new draconian work rules, so in 2022 you will make the same you did in 2004. Except you can kiss your 7.5% company 401K match goodbye, and now you have to work 9 on 5 off for the same pay you got for 7 and 7. Oh, and all the Beechjets and old citations will be outsourced to Netjets Lite resulting in hundreds of NJA furloughs, but furloughed pilots are welcome to apply for $19K/year to start! Maybe you will still make $60K. Maybe you will be displaced out of your CA seat and make $40K instead. Also, your company is losing money because while other companies like Flex and and Citationshares used their employee concessions to fund new Citation Xs and Gulfstreams (ever heard of them?) your beloved NJA is still flying around Sabreliners and Jetstars burning a crapload more fuel than the competition. This because a large amount of NJA concessions were used to fund management raises and obscene bonuses. So because of excessive management compensation and fuel burn NJA is losing money, files bankruptcy and blames the pilots because they work one day less per month than their competitors, while still having 4.5 BILLON DOLLARS cash in the bank. Given the choice between accepting all the above or doing everything in your power to LEGALLY change the above scenario, what would you do?

P.S.- While above is playing out, Flexjet who already made more than you just got a raise and is looking at another significant one in 3 months. The new Super Citationshares who merged with Flightoptions has an AIP on a contract with massive improvements above your current contract, and both of these contracts will allow much less outsourcing to their "lite" divisions than your management is trying to ram down your throats. Still want to bend over and take it up the potito? This is the choice every AA pilot must make. I do not envy their situation, but sometimes it truly is better to die fighting then live on your knees in fear.

Dewey, great description. I get it. A little background on G4: Probably a magement type from the inner workings of NetJets. FUD is either his main job description, or definitely an added ancillary duty/hobby. Claims not to be. Either way he comes from the glorified world of high-flying good old boy network-corporate.

No Union. The best working group a lazy-ass management team could hope for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back