Flight 93 Movie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pookie said:
I think you smoked too much kerosene fluid. Can you give me a difinitive study where 1 million US troops would have died if they invaded japan? Some neo-con made it up and uneducated people like you believe in it.

Sorry, 1 million casualties was the official Allied estimates on the costs to the allied troops should they be required to invade the Japanese mainland. If you want to read the difinitive study you need go no farther than the records of the armed forces in 1945. The invasion was planned and set, right up to the last tank and airplane required to win the war. I do not know why that is so hard for you to believe...considering the number of troops killed in the first hour of D-Day in Normandy. The Japanese of 1945 got off easy compared to the Germans of 1945.

As a point of reference, the battle of IWO Jima (one tiny island out of hundreds) cost the U.S. Marines 6821 dead and 19,217 wounded, the Japananese are estimated to be at 20,000 killed. (So many dead no exact number can ever be known, but 20,000 is close.)

Also the Soviets had 352,475 casulties with 78,291 dead in the last 23 days of their Berlin push. And by all accounts the Japanese were much more fanatical than the Nazi's.

Last edited:
KeroseneSnorter,

Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Well lets see here, either nuke them or lose 1,000,000 U.S. servicemen in the invasion of the mainland

So you have justified murdering thousands of innocent civilians ?

Hmmm. How was 9/11 any different? The only thing different was that WE were on the receving side of the sh*tstorm.

From your point of view, it's okay for us to blow up innocent civilians so as long as it's in our best interest.

So, then you must think that terrorists that blow innocent people are not crazies, but indeed, individuals who act in their best interests?

I see a double standard here.

Pookie,

while I can share your sentiments to a degree, I don't think you should just dismiss 9/11 because it didn't affect you or your family. Everyone in some way *was* affected by 9/11, whether you realize it or not.

It's important to not forget 9/11.

But then again, everyone (politicians especially) who brings up the "Let's not forget 9/11" point does so for the sole purpose of furthering their own agenda.

Inthewind,

I'd like to know, why will you show that clip to your daughters on every anniversary of the 9/11 attacks? What purpose will you hope that serves?

As far as I can see it, it'll probably just make her fear (and hate) brown people, especially when flying.

blueridge71

Most people already seem to have forgotten why we are at war.

Can you remind me again? The war on Iraq started with "they have weapons of mass destruction." When those weren't found, we changed our reason for the war to "oust a terrible dictator, and spread democracy."

Give me one shred of evidence that 9/11 attacks were linked to Iraq.

They CVR of 93 was supposed to be released soon, right around the same time of this movie.....mmmmmmmmm.....Interesting.

Flyer1015 said:
Most intelligent post in this thread. Nicely done.

Flyer1015,

YOu are right and my apologies. Sometimes i let my anger get the best of me and i should not post stupid comments like that.

Kerosene,
You have valid points and i respect you for it. I just dont think that killing civilians to justify a position is correct. Good point on Iwo Jima also.

The guys making the film did meet with all the families of those who were on Flight 93, and they all wanted the story told.

Pookie you suck. I hope our paths cross one day so I can kick your a$$

Fu##king a$$ holes like you are why this country is going to He!!

mdanno808 said:
The guys making the film did meet with all the families of those who were on Flight 93, and they all wanted the story told.

But the real question is, do we know EVERYTHING that happened on that plane before it crashed in PA ?

We have some decent bits and pieces, but the rest will be filled in Hollywood-style.

RJP,

Thanks for the appraise!

We don't know everything that happened on board, so yes, the story will be told Hollywood style. So what?

The point of my post earlier is that none of the families of the victims objected to the movie being made.

Pookie just goes to prove that you shouldnt let your children on the internet. Name calling? Gimmie a break. You may as well call Bush a "Big Poopie Head".

Grow up man, you sound like a grade school brat.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back