Flight 93 Movie

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tapcon

Saw the trailer for the first time today. Surprised how quickly old emotions emerged. Just hope that its release is not too early. Your thoughts...

I just found the trailer after reading this post and felt emotions I haven't felt in almost five years. I for one will see it and no its not too soon. People need to be reminded of this. It's like that country song, "have you forgotten" by Darryl Worley, the media determined the images of that day too sensitive so they pulled them from the air. Time heals all wounds but this wound does not need to be healed and shouldn't until all the bastards who subscribe to this ideology burn. It also means a lot that the families of the passengers and crew aboard flight 93 are behind this 100%. If this movie is done in a way as to honor and not sensationalize those events it has done its job. I hope this movie gives a good acount of ordinary people in extraordinary events who for lack of better terms became heroes, And let it be a reminder as to why other heroes are making the ultimate sacriface in the sands of the middle east.

I saw the trailer on Saturday and got immediate chills when the whole thing started, sadness and anger quickly started taking over. It is sort of like getting a really bad injury and when it is just about healed you rip it back open just for your own entertainment. Is it to early for it.....no, Is it good never to forget such a tragedy.....yes. Should we flock to the theaters to see some "directors" point of view of the events so some execs can turn a dime....HE!! NO. If they donate every dime they make from this to ALL charities related to 9/11 then ok. Don't get me wrong, I do want to see the film but I am sort of sickened by the fact some pathetic execs will get rich(er) off of the blood shed in a terrorist attack against and IN the United States of America.

Making $$ off of 911 = Sick

Ya , they need to come up with some sort of legislation that prevents making a buck off of 911.....I agree I would like to see the film...but God I hope the $$ goes to the right places......

"The Flight 93 National Memorial is going to receive a portion of the North American box office revenue during the opening weekend of a new movie about the hijacked airliner that crashed on Sept. 11, 2001.
The film, "United 93," will open nationwide on April 28 and Universal Pictures says it will donate 10 percent of the first three days' grosses to the memorial.
Chris Sullivan, the chairman of the $30 million fund-raising campaign for the Flight 93 National Memorial, hopes the film will increase awareness and result in worldwide support for the proposed monument near Shanksville, Pa.
"United 93" makes its world premiere at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York next month."

http://www.news4jax.com/entertainment/8389925/detail.html

That is pretty sad and kind of ticks me off now. I am sure I will still see the movie eventually but it does upset me that they are making money off of this.

Can somebody post a link for the 93 trailer? I searched on google and yahoo and none of the websites deliver a trailer that my computer can see. I have Itunes and Realplayer but none of those sites allow me to download/see/etc. anything. Thanks

inthewind said:
Im ake my daughters watch this video every year on September 11th.[/URL]
Not bashing here, but why?

Latest resources

Back