• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
haha. Of course I am... I got my first bid and it wasnt all that bad! Only 1 5 day rotation and the rest are 4's!! Got exactly what I wanted.

cosmotheassman said:
haha. Of course I am... I got my first bid and it wasnt all that bad! Only 1 5 day rotation and the rest are 4's!! Got exactly what I wanted.

I can tell you right now , that is not going to last. My first 2 bid periods with Flex I got what I wanted also, from then on it's just been random. The senority that the PBS favors is the 604 guys. Bottom line, if your in the 45 fleet, you will not get what you want 90% of the time. Cosmo congrats on coming to Flex, I'll probably see you on the road.

Cpt Splash said:
The senority that the PBS favors is the 604 guys. Bottom line, if your in the 45 fleet, you will not get what you want 90% of the time.

You don't really belive that do you???? If you do, I got some real nice swamp land for sale. Lets make a deal.

The capts. maybe. FO's not a chance.

Yeah. It was my understanding that each fleet is treated seperately on bids. That's how the bids come out...per fleet and per seat...

Isn't the 604 group the smallest? Seems it would be hard to get a good schedule with less people?

CL604DRVR said:
You don't really belive that do you???? If you do, I got some real nice swamp land for sale. Lets make a deal.

The capts. maybe. FO's not a chance.

How bout my bridge for your swamp land.:D I remember when there was about a five month period when all I got was 6 and 3, no matter what I bidded for. Being that the 604 is the smallest fleet with the most senority and I also least amount of scheduled trips the PBS is less likely to give you a 6 and 3. The company demand is just not there and thats the 1st rule PBS has to satisfy to work its magic.

Cpt Splash said:
How bout my bridge for your swamp land.:D I remember when there was about a five month period when all I got was 6 and 3, no matter what I bidded for. Being that the 604 is the smallest fleet with the most senority and I also least amount of scheduled trips the PBS is less likely to give you a 6 and 3. The company demand is just not there and thats the 1st rule PBS has to satisfy to work its magic.

So you think we don't get 6 & 3 in 604's. WRONG. In fact I talked to a Capt in early August who claimed to be on his sixth straight 6&3. What I bid for and seldom ever get is long periods on long periods off. The new bid came out where I had asked for 7&5 do you think I got it. NO.

As far as less scheduled trips there is some truth to that particularly as it relates to legs flown, but when you do Martha's Vineyard to SFO to ADS that's a long day 9.5 hrs block, but only two legs. Two days prior I did 6 legs that started @ 10:00 am we got to the hotel @ 1:00 am. Yes that is over 14 hrs.

Also realize that the 604's are the only aircraft in the fleet that can cover any other aircraft during a recovery or other equip shortage. It is considered an upgrade, it pleases the delayed owner and we do it all the time.

Do this; Print out your schedules and lay several months side by side and see if you don't see a repeating pattern over about 2.5 bid periods. I'll bet you will.

PBS is what it is and is not going away, but to suggest that others are working less or getting better schedules due to seniority in another fleet is simply not true.

Since you have the bridge I still think you should buy my swamp land then you can use your bridge to get across.

Last edited:
What about the 300?

What are the 300 schedules like? Can you guys tell me how the Per diem and OT works/paid?

Last edited:
Pbs?

Trying to learn the ways of this world and get the terminology down -- PBS? Not familiar with that one... Sounds like it might be internal to FlexJet maybe?

Thanks

Latest resources

Back