Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Nolife

Tired Member
Saw an add for pilots today. I talked to some pilots last year and they weren't happy there. Have things changed? The add made it sound like a descent place to work. Good pay and time off. Benefits looked good as well. Any comments. Thanks.

Nolife said:
Saw an add for pilots today. I talked to some pilots last year and they weren't happy there. Have things changed? The add made it sound like a descent place to work. Good pay and time off. Benefits looked good as well. Any comments. Thanks.

Pilot's will bitch anywhere. I met a couple of SWA guys a few weeks ago that sounded as though they could have been on death row.

miles otoole said:
Pilot's will bitch anywhere. I met a couple of SWA guys a few weeks ago that sounded as though they could have been on death row.

Don't think the grass is always greener. I talked to a couple of SWA guys a few weeks back at TUL who felt they were very over-worked, etc. Sure, but I'd love to have their job security...

As for the Flexjet pilots, I think it partially depends on the fleet type. I also talked to a new Flex pilot at LAS last week who got onto the CL300 - he was very happy... My sense is that things are starting to improve at Flexjet in most areas except for scheduling (that's what I have heard). It's all relative because life at FLOPS appears to be going down hill fast.

Last edited:
I worked at FlexJet for 5 years before going to SWA. Something to keep inmind is the backgound of the source of complaining, what were they doing before SWA. I can say without any question that my QOL is better and the "amount" of work is less at SWA than it was Flex. Is SWA 100% roses, no. But it's pretty close for me. Overall I really enjoyed FlexJet and I would recomend it if you are looking for work, but know what you are getting into. Just like at SWA, when you go to work, you work. I still have friends at Flex and they say that things have gotten better in the last couple of years. I don't keep too close of tabs on the Fracs, but it sounds like Flex and Citation Shares are the better ones to work for at the moment.

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Nolife,

Sparks hit it on the mark. It is a JOB and there are very few JOBs that are perfect. You fly good equipt, lodging has improved since Jan 1, schedules are improving although the bid system is despised by most, the crew meals are provided at no cost in addition to your per diem when you are on duty, and the benefits package is second to none.

CAUTION:
You will work hard and be gone long.

If you have specific questions about Flex pm me.

No complaints about Flex since I've been there other than trying to figure out how to get the PBS system to benefit yourself...

PBS works best for those with seniority. (exactly as advertised)

Latest resources

Back