• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is similiar to the largest Global order of last year by Net Jets, because it stirred up everyone at Flex and added impetus to the union drive. The major difference is we had alot more leverage last year with the possibility of that union vote than we have now. Managagement was worried last year about this time, now they could care less if we vote in a union. Bet those guys who didn't send in their cards last year and continually posted on message boards about how wonderful management was are regretting it now, because now we have ZERO job protection. Look how easily and quickly it was for them to go though this RIF. It's crazy they even got rid of the 6 guys they just brought back and typed in new planes! A union wouldn't have solved all our problems, and may have added new ones, but it would have given us more job protecition than we have.

If you think FR, DG, TC, or anyone at the WV, or Montreal care if you lose your job, you are sadly mistaken. They care about the bottom line and if someone offers a more lucrative offer to purchase us, they will sell us. If NJ wanted 300s and 604s immediately, what better way to get them than to purchase the used ones from Flex while waiting on completion of additional ones from Montreal, and force Flex to cease operations. If Flex is sold, every single pilot could very well be out of a job. History does repeat itself and we are doomed to repeat it if we don't learn from it and remember it. Just my 2 cents.

This is similiar to the largest Global order of last year by Net Jets, because it stirred up everyone at Flex and added impetus to the union drive. The major difference is we had alot more leverage last year with the possibility of that union vote than we have now. Managagement was worried last year about this time, now they could care less if we vote in a union. Bet those guys who didn't send in their cards last year and continually posted on message boards about how wonderful management was are regretting it now, because now we have ZERO job protection. Look how easily and quickly it was for them to go though this RIF. It's crazy they even got rid of the 6 guys they just brought back and typed in new planes! A union wouldn't have solved all our problems, and may have added new ones, but it would have given us more job protecition than we have.

If you think FR, DG, TC, or anyone at the WV, or Montreal care if you lose your job, you are sadly mistaken. They care about the bottom line and if someone offers a more lucrative offer to purchase us, they will sell us. If NJ wanted 300s and 604s immediately, what better way to get them than to purchase the used ones from Flex while waiting on completion of additional ones from Montreal, and force Flex to cease operations. If Flex is sold, every single pilot could very well be out of a job. History does repeat itself and we are doomed to repeat it if we don't learn from it and remember it. Just my 2 cents.

You are correct.

There is a good possibility those who don't leave in the event of a buyout will be on the street.

Look at the most recent, Air Midwest.

I would highly advise one large voice then 300 tiny voices.

You are correct.

There is a good possibility those who don't leave in the event of a buyout will be on the street.

Look at the most recent, Air Midwest.

I would highly advise one large voice then 300 tiny voices.

That ship has sailed. Our group will reap what it sowed. Nary a kool aid drinker in sight now.

Never again will I settle for merely a good job at a company comfortable at playing second fiddle. Some companies talk in platitudes about being the best. Others just get down to the business of doing it.

The most infuriating thing is that this sorry episode is being played off as one massive coincidence. A RIF on a hard time line with little or no warning, a massive order by our competition announced just hours later, and now the head man is making a visit to Dallas. Yeah, just happenstance. My ace.

Jeez Jet, relax.

That said, I think you'll find more NJA folks interested in your well being. Competition is a good thing, and certainly helps out the line dogs when it comes to competitive wages and benefits.

We all need it.

Anyone notice there has been NUMEROUS stories in the news lately about CANNIBALISM.

Add this to the list.

:eek:

How many recalls are a part of this deal? Thought so....

And how are the recalls going at Flex? Thought so.....

Keep sipping the kool-aide, and you may consider warming up the resume.

Last edited:
And how are the recalls going at Flex? Thought so.....

Keep sipping the kool-aide, and you may consider warming up the resume.

We just laid off so, no recalls. And if you had half of a brain, or an eighth of a brain, you would know that I am the last person that would drink company fodder. I would also like you to elaborate on the state of business at Flexjet since you seem to be the resident expert on Flexjet.

We just laid off so, no recalls. And if you had half of a brain, or an eighth of a brain, you would know that I am the last person that would drink company fodder. I would also like you to elaborate on the state of business at Flexjet since you seem to be the resident expert on Flexjet.

After reading FastJP4's past posts he either has an axe to grind for some reason or is just a poser...

He's now on the ignore list along side NJW.

If you played ball for the Red sox, are you going to bet on the Cubs?

Don't be ridiculous. No one is stupid enough to bet on the Cubs!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest resources

Back