• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flex was in big trouble the day Fred Greed was hired. If NJ's brings in a bunch of 300's - Flex is toast. Flex is definately the ugly step-child with Bombardier now - with NJ's as the operation that keeps the production line moving.

Adios Flex...............................

So, I'm a relatively young guy, years from retirement and I'm thinking to myself "d'oh"!

I wonder how many of our older guys are feeling foolish for not taking the early out plan now.

A key indicator for what's going on, whether we're for sale or being knowingly driven out of the marketplace will be whether or not they offer it again here in a few weeks. Bet we get a lot of takers then... Maybe I'll even be one of them...

If Sokol had any part in this I'd say NJA wouldn't want Flex sorta out of the way. It would be an all or nothing proposition on NJA's part. Assuming the rumors are true about the order and the competitions removal.

A lot of data points seem to indicate that some type of anticompetitive behavior was involved in the purchase of new jets at Berkshire. Is that what Buffet means by durable competitive advantage?

A lot of data points seem to indicate that some type of anticompetitive behavior was involved in the purchase of new jets at Berkshire. Is that what Buffet means by durable competitive advantage?

I doubt he was referring to his BVDs.

Is that what Buffet means by durable competitive advantage?

nja will acquire all of FJ's owners. flex will be closed as part of the 10 BILLION berkshire will pay for the planes. If i was in command of flex id give it away as well to secure that deal. sucks to the employees but since when has management ever cared about that.

You NetJets guys really piss me off! Sure you are the big dog buy it is very naive to think there isn't still room for competition and Flex is a worthy competitor. Flex isn't going away! There is a large segment of owners who hate unions and would never do business with you guys.
There is very little growth in this business and we all know that this big a/c order is mostly replacement. Remember you haven't recalled one of the furloughed 495.
So tone it down a little on all the chest thumping about the death of Flex. The fat lady hasn't sung yet? Uncle Warren is an old guy. What happens when he croaks? Bombardier will still be here!

Jeez Jet, relax. Most of the comments about the demise, or not, of Flex are coming from your own collegues. Besides, pride in one's own company is a natural thing. If you played ball for the Red sox, are you going to bet on the Cubs? Pete Rose excluded;)

That said, I think you'll find more NJA folks interested in your well being. Competition is a good thing, and certainly helps out the line dogs when it comes to competitive wages and benefits.

Most of us have been through a company or three only to be disappointed with furlough or worse. I don't believe any would wish ill upon another brother/sister aviator. As Tiny Tim said, "God bless us-everyone". We all need it.

Last edited:
You NetJets guys really piss me off! Sure you are the big dog buy it is very naive to think there isn't still room for competition and Flex is a worthy competitor. Flex isn't going away! There is a large segment of owners who hate unions and would never do business with you guys.
There is very little growth in this business and we all know that this big a/c order is mostly replacement. Remember you haven't recalled one of the furloughed 495.
So tone it down a little on all the chest thumping about the death of Flex. The fat lady hasn't sung yet? Uncle Warren is an old guy. What happens when he croaks? Bombardier will still be here!

That old guy is also one of the smartest in business. He sees 100 Challenger aircraft that can be sold fractionally. If he is right, why can't we sell them? Our company obviously believes we can't.

WOW, your hatred for Netjets is not buried very deep is it?

"So tone it down a little on all the chest thumping about the death of Flex. The fat lady hasn't sung yet? Uncle Warren is an old guy. What happens when he croaks? Bombardier will still be here"

The "Death of Flex" comments are coming your side buddy.

there is no "Chest thumping", this is good news for us, I'm looking at it as Berkshire throwing us a lifeline. How you look at it is your problem

Flex was in big trouble the day Fred Greed was hired. If NJ's brings in a bunch of 300's - Flex is toast. Flex is definately the ugly step-child with Bombardier now - with NJ's as the operation that keeps the production line moving.

Adios Flex...............................

How many recalls are a part of this deal? Thought so....

Latest resources

Back