Flexjet question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

can99

Can someone answer the following without going on a rant tangent for a new hire :

1. Basing, do you choose or does Flexjet choose?

1a: $4000 moving allowance, do they pay the $4000 or up to $4k based on the receipts you produce after you move?

2. Aircraft type... do you as a newhire get to bid or request a type, or is it what the need is on the day of hire?

3.Reserve time... is there reserve at Flex ...or do you go straight to a schedule?

Thanx in advance !
can99

Can someone answer the following without going on a rant tangent for a new hire :

1. Basing, do you choose or does Flexjet choose?

1a: $4000 moving allowance, do they pay the $4000 or up to $4k based on the receipts you produce after you move?

2. Aircraft type... do you as a newhire get to bid or request a type, or is it what the need is on the day of hire?

3.Reserve time... is there reserve at Flex ...or do you go straight to a schedule?

Thanx in advance !
can99
These questions have been answered about 100 times but here you go.
1. You get to chose
1a. 4k regardless
2. They tell you. It's based on company demand.
3. Yes we do have reserve. You will get forced reserve for a while until you have enough senority to hold a line.

Last edited:
well...I dont agree with all those answers completely

1a. The $4,000 will be about $1900 after taxes and 401k.

2. Mostly company demand, but plenty of people are given a choice if there are lots of classes running. I was offered the 45, or the 60 a week later, so I took the 60 and a couple of weeks off.

3. yes there is reserve, but you might not be forced onto it if a few people above you bid for it. and besides, it is not like airline reserve, it basically just means you get your schedule a bit later than eveyrbody else. it ends up being no different. you don't wake up in the morning wondering if you have to work or not.

Last edited:
well...I dont agree with all those answers completely

1a. The $4,000 will be about $1900 after taxes and 401k.

2. Mostly company demand, but plenty of people are given a choice if there are lots of classes running. I was offered the 45, or the 60 a week later, so I took the 60 and a couple of weeks off.

3. yes there is reserve, but you might not be forced onto it if a few people above you bid for it. and besides, it is not like airline reserve, it basically just means you get your schedule a bit later than eveyrbody else. it ends up being no different. you don't wake up in the morning wondering if you have to work or not.
well how did i end up with forced reserve for 3 months then? a very very good chance for forced reserve.

well how did i end up with forced reserve for 3 months then? a very very good chance for forced reserve.

Very airplane dependent is how. I'm on the 45 and only did one month on reserve. I hear the 300 works hard and is short-staffed so it may be longer until staffing catches up. Can't speak for the 60 or the 604. Also depends on how many people above you bid reserve, the more that do means less chance of it being forced. Unfortunately it's not like the airlines where you can look at a bid pack and get a pretty good idea of what you can hold, here you never know until the bid comes out.

For the most part growth.

We have had three 45 captains go to SWA. We lost one guy to a medical reason and another retire. All upgrades from the lears are going into the 300. The 300 is just selling like crazy.

The 604 continues to be a stagnant fleet. We are supposed to upgrade 40 guys/gals by the end of the year. Best guess on seniority number would be around seniority number 280 to 290 for the upgrades by years end.

Flex is forcast to continue to bring on 7 Challenger 300's a year for the next 3 to 4 years. That equates to roughly 21 captains and 14 copilots a year for then next 3 to 4 years.

Is that due to growth or attrition? Are those remaining former 45 captains upgrading to the CL300/604 in most cases?

Last edited:
For the most part growth.

We have had three 45 captains go to SWA. We lost one guy to a medical reason and another retire. All upgrades from the lears are going into the 300. The 300 is just selling like crazy.

The 604 continues to be a stagnant fleet. We are supposed to upgrade 40 guys/gals by the end of the year. Best guess on seniority number would be around seniority number 280 to 290 for the upgrades by years end.

Flex is forcast to continue to bring on 7 Challenger 300's a year for the next 3 to 4 years. That equates to roughly 21 captains and 14 copilots a year for then next 3 to 4 years.
300 said it right a lot of guys going to the 300 also just found out Flex got 60 PRIA requests recently!

Latest resources

Back