• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From the time line at the EJM website am trying to figure out who came first, has anyone been told the real story?

The 2 companies seem to be mixed up in the early years....

not that it matters.

1964 Founded by General O.F. "Dick" Lassiter, Executive Jet Airways is incorporated as the civilian version of the U.S. Air Force's Special Air Missions Squadron, devised to transport civilians. The original Board includes General Curtis LeMay, M.J. Rathbone, and actors Jimmy Stewart and Arthur Godfrey.

1965 The company changes its name to Executive Jet Aviation. Executive Jet Aviation trains the FAA on how to administer check rides in business jets.

1977 American Air Services, an aircraft charter and management services company, is founded under the direction of Joseph Moeggenberg.

1983 Executive Jet Aviation surpasses 80-million mile mark in passenger service, representing more than 175,000 flights.

1984 American Air Services consolidates its operations at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati. Executive Jet Aviation is purchased as a wholly owned subsidiary by RTS Capital Services, Inc., which is owned by Richard T. Santulli, a former Goldman Sachs principal.

1986 The NetJets fractional ownership concept is introduced at the National Business Aviation Association -- business aviation's annual business show.

1987 Executive Jet launches its revolutionary NetJets fractional aircraft ownership program with the purchase of eight new Cessna Citation S/IIs.

1988 American Air Services is acquired by RTS Capital Services, Inc. and is brought under the Executive Jet Aviation umbrella with the name Executive Jet Management, Inc.

1991 Executive Jet Management is awarded a contract from the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston and expands into the cargo market with eight Learjets (LR/35/35A).

1998 Berkshire Hathaway purchases Executive Jet, Inc., since renamed NetJets Inc., 3 1/2 years after world-renowned financier Warren Buffett buys his first NetJets share. Mr. Santulli, and Mr. Buffett attend National Business Aviation Association's annual convention and announce the purchase of 161 new business jets, an order that was valued at over $3 billion.

2000 Albert C. Pod is appointed President and CEO of Executive Jet Management. Executive Jet Management breaks ground for its new, expanded headquarters at Cincinnati's Lunken Airport.

blah blah blah

I am YET to find a happy NJA pilot.

Look for me on the road, then. I'm as happy as can be. I understand what you're saying about people who are negative all the time. Truly, I haven't yet flown with anyone who fits that description in a year of working here. Drives me nuts, too, so believe me, I'd notice.

I have also never seen as many micromanaging Captains as I have seen with NJA... does NJA attract this sort of person ? I would hate to spend a 7 day trip with one of these demi-gods of aviation.

Me too. I haven't run into one yet, fortunately.

Lots of unprofessional and inexperienced NJ guys... just go to an uncontrolled field and listen to them try to get a clearance from an RCO??

Ha!

At my last job, waiting to depart out of Saranac Lake, NY, I had to walk over to a FlexJet airplane and ask him to close his flight plan so we could leave.

"They aren't answering," he said.

"You have to listen over the SLK VOR. They're answering me, and telling me that they're waiting for you to cancel."

"What do you mean, 'Listen over the VOR'?"

I kid you not. Fortunately, these are isolated incidents at Flex, just as they are here. I certainly wouldn't go running to Flightinfo to post about how "Flex guys don't know what the 'R' means next to the RCO frequency," because that'd be stupid... :rolleyes:

Plenty of us at NJA have a strong background of flying out of uncontrolled airports, and known the in-and-outs of it very well.

Lockheed Martin is certainly throwing a wrench into that, though, that's for sure.

Flex is not the highest paid frax out there, but you will fly a superior product with a much more fun group to work with.
Just have to agree to disagree here. We're a lot of fun. :D

CA1900,

can't be any worse than the numbnut at Teterboro who asked what color the North and West departures were since the South departures kept being referred to as the White departures. Another pilot finally piped in and explained that White was an intersection on the departure. It wasn't a Flex guy though as we were the only ones waiting in line at the time.

CA1900,

can't be any worse than the numbnut at Teterboro who asked what color the North and West departures were since the South departures kept being referred to as the White departures. Another pilot finally piped in and explained that White was an intersection on the departure. It wasn't a Flex guy though as we were the only ones waiting in line at the time.

Should have told him brown and green lol

Latest resources

Back