Flexjet Pilots www.ibt1108.org Flexjet Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotGuy

Need I say more, pass it along to all you fly with.

Please do all you can to get this moving.

No one is safe without some form of protection.

Isn't this type of crap supposed to be in the union section so us self respecting pilots don't have to see it. I am offended.

And with a title that makes the intent of the thread obvious, you - being the self respecting pilot that you obviously are - still opened the thread to read it. Perhaps your voyeur tendencies took over. You just couldn't help yourself, could you?

Sheesh.

Flexnewby..... if you are indeed new, then head over to NJ if you want to belong to a union!! Keep dreaming of a union here at Flex, 'cause it will not happen. Your "Walshfly's of the world" comment leads me to believe that you are pointing and talking down to a majority of us here at Flex that are opposed to a union. The same people that have been here from day one, the same pilots that have worked through and endured the tough times here, so that people like you can enjoy the benefits of a Job here. We don't need you here so find work some other place that will satisfy your need of a union and lay off those of us who have laid the foundation of the Elite Fractional Provider, Flexjet.

Isn't this type of crap supposed to be in the union section so us self respecting pilots don't have to see it. I am offended.

Walsh and others. I respect your desire not to be part of a union, but do you agree that perhaps even more powerful than a union itself is the threat of a union? I believe that management must know that we are, at the very least, willing to unionize in order to obtain industry standard pay, benefits, and also job protection.

The only reason we have gotten increases in pay and QOL over the past few years is because of NJ, and NJ got it because of their union.

The argument of "if you don't like it then leave" is not that simple in this business. Senority is everything right? Lets say my major problem is the medical. I could go somewhere else, but due to the nature of this industry I start at the bottom no matter how much experience I have. That is a lot to give up. Sure the guys with under a year dont have much to lose, and I know a bunch have left over the summer, but what about those of us that have been here for years? I just dont see that many improvements happening, and when they do they are very half-ass. I mean, who actually ever started before 5am anyway?

I for one am beginning to think that a union is the best solution for us. We will have our pay and benefits down on paper. Also, in light of events over the summer (people being let go and suspended) I feel that have somebody in our corner will help me sleep at night.

Last edited:
Elite Fractional Provider? Heck I think you guys just finally posted a profit. So heres the line up:
Avantair 37 A/C
Citation Shares 84 A/C
FlexJet 91 A/C
Flight Options 140 A/C
NJA 409 A/C

Good luck Flex Folks

I respect your desire not to be part of a union, but do you agree that perhaps even more powerful than a union itself is the threat of a union? I believe that management must know that we are, at the very least, willing to unionize in order to obtain industry standard pay, benefits, and also job protection.

Bingo!!!!

We all need to stand together if we EVER want to see improvements.

Without a Union on property we really have no say in what changes, if any, the company makes in response to the "industry standard". We will be forced to eat whatever they they give us, and I'm betting it will be substandard and slow coming at best. Regardless of what happens we will have to become more vocal to force change. The problem is the fear of reciprocity. In other words, the squeaky wheel gets sacked.

Latest resources

Back