Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilots About To Draw A Line In The Sand!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
are furloughees coming back retaining their longevity?? or are they newhires at year 1?

TC told me that we would retain longevity for vacation and sick time, but he was not sure if we would retain it for pay. I'm sure we will. I can't imagine going back at year 1 pay. I don't think they would do that.

Starting at the bottom again--pay wise--would be awful! And I already thought the furloughed Flex pilots were getting a raw deal having to worry about their 2 year recall limit running out---now this. I don't think any pilot should have to wonder if he/she gets to pick up where they left off. It definitely makes a strong case for the wise advice--get it in writing! When you hear things like this it's easy to see why the majority of pilots work under a contract that spells out the details and makes every agreement legally binding. There's definitely an advantage in knowing for sure versus just hoping. Good luck to the 85 and their families!

Flex-ible, keep your head down...and your chin up...:) as you watch your step. Regards, NJW

Any old furloughees from back in the day... Did you go back to original pay or no? Answer:

I am not one, but spoke directly to one who indicated that not only did they go back to Day 1, but they also signed a new training contract.

HOWEVER....I believe it is different this time since we are classified as "inactive employees". Additionally, I did not receive anything offering me the chance to transfer my 401(k) which would be required if we had no status with the company. I am hoping for "months credit" for pay, i.e. if you worked 13 months before the furlough, you get a new anniversary date 13 months prior to your recall....does that make sense?

NJW: Iraq is only slightly more dangerous than Flex's hotel in Teterboro. Pray for the guys in A-stan; much worse over there. After all, I still have the Internet!

So hopefully, some of you guys will get to pick up where you left off and the calendar date will be re-set to match? Is there something solid to base that hope on? If it works out that way it will be good for those who get that...but what about those who didn't...assuming they did have to go back to year one pay? That's not fair. What a tough situation. How can you ever know what to expect? Or have confidence that you'll all be treated equally?

And a new training contract, too?! Hopefully, it's just a paperwork thing and the pilots will get credit for time already put down on the original one. That would be the right thing to do. Good luck to everyone dealing with that issue. I hope it gets settled without the Flex pilots getting the short end.

Flex-ible, your A-stan request has been noted. I'm glad you have Internet service; your updates are informative. Take care. NJW

Netjetwife,

Thank you so much for devoting your post - number 2,576 - to this industry you don't work in, and this company you don't work for. It is so very highly appreciated.

Latest resources

Back