• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Pilot Conundrum

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skanza did they allow you to expense your flight info account when you changed your handle to ruprecht boy? Nope been here all along working my asse off hoping things would get better.

"They"? Who are they?

I have yet to read something positive from you on this board - it seems that you think 'Satan' knows you personally and is out to get you. Maybe it's time to get a hold of your ego and relax a bit..

Other than my team, every game is a hierarchy of hate. Down at the bottom Ohio State, then ND, dallas cowgirls, greenbay peckers, Michigan, Texas, and the Okies. Doesn't everybody pick 'em that way? :D

Talked to a Flex crew this rotation, and they were very nice. As you might expect, they wanted to know what the "Culture" might be like with the new owner/s. I'm a 15 year Cpt and my base pay is $95,218. The Flex Cpt told me he made bout $170,000 last year, granted he was in a bigger airframe. I would be to, but no fault of my own. I was bumped/pushed out of the 800XP. As I remember, he was a 17 year Cpt. I am truly happy for him, and hope his/their good luck continues. He also shared with me that an average month of flying is about 30 hours. An average month for my fleet is 60-70 hours.
He also said that they do not have any maint problems/pushing/pencil whips. I like that, but told him of our experience here at FLOPs. Perhaps if we do remain seperate, the "culture shock" will not be too great for our new Pilots. From what I have learned of Flex's operational tempo, and culture, it sounds heavenly...kinda like the ole RTA days. I wish you guys the best! But, I'm flying twice as much, for "almost" half as much, you just gotta think, "something has gotta change". Perhaps I should just look forward to the new tie we'll soon get.
Looking forward to talking, and flying with you all soon.

As a Lear driver here at Flex, I would say that captain you spoke to is pretty dead on with what he told you. I would say that his average is a little lower than the rest of us. For this year I'm in the mid 40 hour average range. As a seven year FO I'll make in the low $90's doing 16-17 days per month. Although we do have some issues that we've brought to management's attention, things here could be worse. I believe that when you soar like an eagle you'll attract hunters. From what I've learned since the purchase announcement, Ricci has had his eye on us for quite some time.

As a Lear driver here at Flex, I would say that captain you spoke to is pretty dead on with what he told you. I would say that his average is a little lower than the rest of us. For this year I'm in the mid 40 hour average range. As a seven year FO I'll make in the low $90's doing 16-17 days per month. Although we do have some issues that we've brought to management's attention, things here could be worse. I believe that when you soar like an eagle you'll attract hunters. From what I've learned since the purchase announcement, Ricci has had his eye on us for quite some time.

That is all great, but FLEX's party in Dallas is pretty much over, you guys need to come to grips that Kenn Ricci just bought you. (Tricky Ricci). This book was written 9 yrs ago, RTA/FLOPS

Latest resources

Back