• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet Pay/Workrules/Benefits???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear LXJ is offering interviews to furloughed FO guys. Nice move management, bypassing laid-off Flex folks who want to go back. Would have been nice to have some sort of requirement or contract saying they need to recall laid-off employees before going to the street.

They have repeatedly said they went down the whole list and everyone was contacted. I didn't buy it and now it sounds like I might have been right.

They have repeatedly said they went down the whole list and everyone was contacted. I didn't buy it and now it sounds like I might have been right.

I've also heard the "comprehensive" interview they're putting everyone through is meant to weed out the people who aren't "yes men" and won't drink the koolaid. Just a rumor.

Meanwhile, the 'bad' children at FO who voted union will see no new planes or advancement, while the 'good' children at Flex will get the new toys. Of course it's not sustainable, the high rate of use and cheap maintenance will kill residual value for the Flex owners just like it did for the early Options owners, but the cash flow will look great long enough for Kenn and his gang to cash out. Whoever buys will be left with deferred maintenance, a tired fleet, and promises that can't be kept.

Well thought out. You might consider the plan is for a 4 year fleet age. So unlike a used aircraft program at Options, the planes will be under factory warranty for their life at Flex. That makes what you described a little more sustainable.

Let me just ask these questions to a FlexJet pilot:

1: Do you get duty on times? If so, do they call you before duty on time? Are you expected to answer, what happens if you do not answer?

2: Do they expect you to go over 14 hrs of duty time? What happens if you so no?

3: Do you have the right to refuse anything that takes you over 14 hrs of duty on you go home day, including the time of traveling to your domicle?

4: Not sure of your domicles, I know there aren't many, but can they just decide that they want to close one, and if they do, what can you do?

5: If management, mx, scheduling, screw up and they try to put the blame on and hang you for it, to you have an recourse, anyone to help fight for you?

6: Can you call fatigue? And if you do, do you get in trouble for it?

7: Do they expect you to fly more than 10 hrs in a 24 hr period, can you say no, and if so what would happen?

What happens when ownership sells you off, and you find out from an email, stating that such and such now owns you. All the uncertaintity with what can and might be.

These are just some of the things that I feel is where I benefit from having a contract.

Well thought out. You might consider the plan is for a 4 year fleet age. So unlike a used aircraft program at Options, the planes will be under factory warranty for their life at Flex. That makes what you described a little more sustainable.

Right up until the warranty runs out

I

Meanwhile, the 'bad' children at FO who voted union will see no new planes or advancement, while the 'good' children at Flex will get the new toys. Of course it's not sustainable, the high rate of use and cheap maintenance will kill residual value for the Flex owners just like it did for the early Options owners, but the cash flow will look great long enough for Kenn and his gang to cash out. Whoever buys will be left with deferred maintenance, a tired fleet, and promises that can't be kept.

I can remember a time when Travel Air had some nice new Hawkers and Beech Jets and Flops had the "previously enjoyed " ones.
We were all told that they would remain separate and the owners of the new TA aircraft would only fly on the new ones and Flops owners only on the old ones.
When the travel air aircraft reached 5 years they would be sent to the used fleet and their owners would fly in new aircraft that were ordered.

I forgot how that plan worked out? :confused:

Last edited:
Let me just ask these questions to a FlexJet pilot:

1: Do you get duty on times? If so, do they call you before duty on time? Are you expected to answer, what happens if you do not answer?

yes to duty on times - they can call 2 hours prior to duty on time - if you don't answer no reprecussions - (well maybe put in schedulings black book)

2: Do they expect you to go over 14 hrs of duty time? What happens if you so no?

over 12 hours we get overtime over 14 hours its triple time - over 14 is a game stopper regardless if we are flying - anything over 14 is for travel only on last day or "legal to start/legal to finish situation

3: Do you have the right to refuse anything that takes you over 14 hrs of duty on you go home day, including the time of traveling to your domicle?

last day can go to 16 hours with transportation but still get the 12 hour overtime and 16 hour triple time pay

4: Not sure of your domicles, I know there aren't many, but can they just decide that they want to close one, and if they do, what can you do?

grandfather clause for bases

5: If management, mx, scheduling, screw up and they try to put the blame on and hang you for it, to you have an recourse, anyone to help fight for you?

as long as one has all the facts its never been an issue in all my years here

6: Can you call fatigue? And if you do, do you get in trouble for it?

absolutely can call in fatigue - as long as its not abused never heard of anyone being harrassed

7: Do they expect you to fly more than 10 hrs in a 24 hr period, can you say no, and if so what would happen?

nope and you can refuse if they try to (have done so many times) - never have a problem - its legal or its not

What happens when ownership sells you off, and you find out from an email, stating that such and such now owns you. All the uncertaintity with what can and might be.

well we're going thrugh that right now - its had its moments but the management has been pretty forthcoming for the most part so far

These are just some of the things that I feel is where I benefit from having a contract.

I am so far from a company coolaide drinker as they come - yes there is always room for improvement but as far as the above questions are concerned Flex has been pretty fair about them - so far

There was a mass email from some HR dude inviting everyone to re-apply. For many this was the only contact. This must be what they are talking about. This whole thing wasn't handled very well. To make things worse RH was personally calling FO guys to offer interviews.

I am so far from a company coolaide drinker as they come - yes there is always room for improvement but as far as the above questions are concerned Flex has been pretty fair about them - so far

Right on but I would modify the answer to question #2. They can't make us go over 14 hours EXCEPT for our last day only. Any other day of the rotation we have to agree to it.

Latest resources

Back