FlexJet Pay/Workrules/Benefits???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The new B19 has played his cards....

You're comparing me to B19 based on my last few posts? Now that's laughable. It's also reminds me why I stopped viewing and posting to this forum. Don't know why I expected it to be different this time around. You and fr8dog and shane123 and Dime just can't seem to stand the fact that there is a fractional company out there with pilots who are actually pretty happy. You won't be happy til we are all one big miserable, unhappy family. You know what I fear most about this recent acquisition / merger / whatever you want to call it? It ain't Ricci. It's knowing that I'm going to have work with arrogant, self centered, condescending Pr@&ks like you guys. Nothing and I mean nothing will ever make you happy. You'll always find something to bitch about. Blame someone or something for your rotten lot in life. Pathetic really.

You and all the others who feel that Flexjet has flourished and somehow wrongly reaped the rewards from all your pain and suffering under the task masters whip can respond to this in any manner you choose. I will not know anything about it because I have logged onto this site for the last time. It is an absolute waste of time trying to communicate with such close minded and miserable human beings. Sometimes I find it hard to believe and even sad we are in the same profession.

Yippie ki yah.

Have you read the same posts I have? May I suggest reviewing the thread titled Flexjet Read File. It would seem to me that there are in fact some at Options who do appear to have issues with those of us at Flexjet.

Having said that, what's your point? 15 years of misery makes you experts on what's going to happen to Flexjet? Truth is, nobody knows what's going to happen, not even Mr. Ricci himself. Trust me, we here at Flex are very aware of him and his past and are not as naive as some here like to insinuate to think that there are not significant changes coming. Hopefully some good and most definitely some bad. It hasn't been all roses and tulips here at Flexjet the past 15 years either. We've had our share of lies, pitches and emails as well. But posts like some of the ones in this thread and others do not help convince the non-union ranks that having a union is the end to beat all. The argument you are going to see and hear from them is " Gee look what the union has done for the the Options guys, they appear to be some of the most unhappy, angry and abused people in the fractional aviation business, where do I sign?"

As far as the email and firing out of seniority I have no idea what you're referring to. Again you all seem to know more about Flexjet than those who actually work there. Have people been fired? Absolutely. Out of seniority? How are you fired out of seniority? There are always 2 sides to every story but from what I actually know to be fact about some who have been terminated, having a union would not nor should not have made a difference due to what those individuals did to cause them to be fired. Period.

Not exactly sure, but he may be referring to the Sept 11th furloughs I think those were done out of seniority.

John McCain is on his way to be the first SFO in Riccis new SFO program he will do well with that attitude. And as long as he stays under his desk...

Classic hired gun.....read my posts Bob.....I have and always will preach open and constructive dialog about the potential Flex/Options merger. You see one side and one side only. That's fine....take your ball and go home and let the adults have a conversation.

It's all for naught since your never coming back....Under this name anyway or you will be a proven LIAR.

Last edited:
There's an easy solution to this whole problem John, but you and I both know that's not the course of action Ricci is going to take. Instead of rewarding the flight options pilots for resuscitating his name and brand from the darkest recesses of hell he will create strife and angst between the two groups. Instead of operating above the table and taking the high road he will continue to operate in the "grey" areas and wait for the IBT to file a national lawsuit against him for scope clause violations. Meanwhile he will be taxing the Flex group flying secret little owner missions for sentient and spinnaker and flex owners and positioning himself once again to run away with a bag of money. I love how you made it sound so much better for the time and dedication you have spent there. Here's to the next decade and half of fractional flying.

That was easy..if we could get rid of the rest of the butt lickers options would be a good job. Good riddance McCain how about a resignation next? Maybe the secret squirrel club guys will follow...

Wow - am I the only one who's gotten lost in the past few pages?

It would seem to me that the worst thing for both pilot groups is to ramp up the tension, unease and bitterness.

So you have to ask yourself, why is it being done?

Flex pilots should be very thankful that everyone is so concerned about their welfare and eager to give such sage advice.

What it is hard to figure out is what they want you to do with it at the moment?

I don't think you can expect a reasonable conversation with the cheerleaders for 1108's leadership on this board, since many of them are 1108 MEC guys anyway. They're only here to scare the Flex pilots into voluntarily joining up by a unionization vote, because they know they've been outmaneuvered yet again by Ricci. They know their threats of a single-carrier suit are empty because of the crappy scope clause they signed. They're angry about the sub-par wage scale and work rules they signed up for (but remember the profit-sharing section? which has less chance of happening than an asteroid strike). They take no responsibility for the adversarial relations they helped foster between management and labor. The Flex guys are somehow supposed to look at all this and rush to embrace 1108 to protect themselves from Ricci, who has a special hatred for unions and has repeatedly shown that he can make this labor leadership his b1tches at will.

Not sure why you even attempt a dialogue, unless you're just a normal joe who wants to feel like the smartest guy in the world...

Normal Joe: "Now, I'm no botanist, but I do know that if you put water on plants, they grow."

1108 MEC member 1: "But Brawndo's got what plants crave."

1108 MEC member 2: "Yeah, it's got electrolytes."

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back