Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The Architect

From the DO:

"All I am asking is that you leave your phone on along with Flexmobile during your assigned rest period. Leave texting or any other alerts off since there is always a chance of an erroneous message. There will be no repetitive emails or texts, no notifications from the company unless it's an urgent issue and not breaking your rest accept for operational purposes."

Translation: Leave your phone on so we can call you to cover a trip.

From the DO:

"All I am asking is that you leave your phone on along with Flexmobile during your assigned rest period. Leave texting or any other alerts off since there is always a chance of an erroneous message. There will be no repetitive emails or texts, no notifications from the company unless it's an urgent issue and not breaking your rest accept for operational purposes."

"accept"??? From a DO?

Sounds like the "rolling duty day" that FO had. You could count on 1-2 calls per 8 day rotation. I remember being sent to the hotel at 1800 with an expected duty on at 0700 only to be called at 0330 with a change. Travel local in nature didn't count.
Why are you tired? You had 10 hour off. Next comes the guilt trip. Its your fault that we had to put the burden on another crew.

From the DO:

This should've stayed on Yammer where it was originally posted. Why do Netjets and FLOPs and everyone else need to see this? You should post your response from here on Yammer instead. That being said, I'm no huge fan of what he's asking. I'm not on the list that he was referencing and I've had little to no trouble with the issue that he's discussing in my eight years nor is he asking you to do something illegal. You're still free to continue to not answer as you do now. Nothing is changing on my end.

Some terms you might want to familiarize yourself with-
1. Could not duplicate
2. No defects noted
3. You have received this 10 in 24 warning
4. To be followed by another 10 in 24 warning
5. Realistically scheduled
6. 4 pilots per airplane crew ratio and were overstaffed or surplus
7. Sorry your the only plane we have to cover this trip
8. Sorry your PTO was denied due to understaffing
9. Generator, PAC and aux hyd pump removed from N? and installed on N?
10. Unfortunately we have to suspend your 401K match at this time for the next 5 years
even though we're profitable.
11. From Bob R, "please kindly call"
12. This item was placed on the NEF list - for 2 years
13. Ops check good
14. Complacency
15. Min rest
16. Your sick, we need a doctors note
17. Sorry but due to schedule change we cannot accommodate crew meals on this leg
18. To be followed by " we will try to get them after your next 4 hour leg"
19. CGF1 Arrival

I really am a middle of the road guy, perhaps even glass half full ( and a Member in Good Standing), but this is sooo true! 90% of the Flex guys I have meet on the road are just great...and I'm not the gloom and doom Guy. My point is: expect so see some VERY gray area MEL's, and pushing. I, like most of you, want to make mission and get'r done, but you are going to see (me thinks), and fly some jets that you would not have launched prior to this.
I really wish ya'll the best. Maybe we'll only have this issue (Maintenance Resolution Process) on the "Value Side" of the house, but I think this will be the first big issue for our new Brothers.

I posted this Dec 2013. I am NOT saying, "I told ya so", but I think you will be surprised how creative things will become.

YOUR (item 16 above) right, we're all screwed. OQL of life won't ever be the same! Maybe the IBT will save us the way they did for Options.... if that's our hope we are in fact screwed.

Answer the phone or don't, nothing has changed, yet.

Not a fan of what he asked. Like I said, if this job becomes unbearable...I'll quit! With the resumes he has on his desk, he doesn't give a hoot what we think.

Last edited:
It seems to me that it is only a request for now.

I have a feeling that in the future it might be a requirement.

Latest resources

Back