• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet & Fred Reid

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
expanding our fleet to something with longer range like the 605!

Ummm....dont we already have 605's on property?

A global program would be great but I dont think itd fit with our current schedule.

I think you'd have to see something more like a 10on/10off deal for it to work here which I would jump at. From what I've been told the previous attempt was scrapped because we would have needed at least 3 or 4 globals to support the 1 fully sold plane and that cash outlay was just too big to do at the time.

Either way i dont see it coming with the new lear a year or 2 away. Although how badass would it be to introduce the lear 85 and the Global program at the same time!

I've been told the previous attempt was scrapped because we would have needed at least 3 or 4 globals to support the 1 fully sold plane and that cash outlay was just too big to do at the time.

Thats what happend in 1999. Dum azz mgmt told the clients that if the GEX that they bought a piece of, was unavailable or broken or whatever, a 604 would be substitued. Becuse at the time the GEXs were hard to come by, expensive and would be under crewed and not enought of them to go around.

Well the customer being king, told the company were to shove it. By god if they bought a GEX they damm well better be flying one! After all, they were already in a 604, why would they pay more money to be in another 604 ?? At that time the factory was having problems with the plane ( gee, a new design, whod thought about it??) Also, a seperate contract for the pilots would be in effect...and it was crappy and it went over like a lead balloon.

So they had a few kinks to work out and they never did.... what great mgmt :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ummm....dont we already have 605's on property?

A global program would be great but I dont think itd fit with our current schedule.

I think you'd have to see something more like a 10on/10off deal for it to work here which I would jump at. From what I've been told the previous attempt was scrapped because we would have needed at least 3 or 4 globals to support the 1 fully sold plane and that cash outlay was just too big to do at the time.

Either way i dont see it coming with the new lear a year or 2 away. Although how badass would it be to introduce the lear 85 and the Global program at the same time!

Sorry typo error. I ment to say something with longer range other than what we have on property wich is the 604/05.

And yes I agreed with what u say about the amount of GLOBALS. It has been said before that 4 o 5 globals need to be sold completaly in order to turn it into a profitable program.

Bottom line.....It would be great to get things moving around here...Reid? Who knows. The very few guys I've ask around here seem to think that his position is merely that of a "Figure-Head". Maybe this guy has a vision for Flex. Things are slow in coming. Keping my fingers crossed...

Bottom line.....It would be great to get things moving around here...Reid? Who knows. The very few guys I've ask around here seem to think that his position is merely that of a "Figure-Head". Maybe this guy has a vision for Flex. Things are slow in coming. Keping my fingers crossed...

Just my opinion, but if you are only looking for a figure-head, you don't hire a guy like Reid. He is a big name in the community, and Bombardier isn't paying him umteen million to sit around and be a rubber-stamping yes man. Either he was hired to fulfill a mission, or Reid himself had a vision he sold to the boys up north, but my guess is changes are coming, I just pray they are for the good.

Just my opinion, but if you are only looking for a figure-head, you don't hire a guy like Reid. He is a big name in the community, and Bombardier isn't paying him umteen million to sit around and be a rubber-stamping yes man. Either he was hired to fulfill a mission, or Reid himself had a vision he sold to the boys up north, but my guess is changes are coming, I just pray they are for the good.

I believe your analysis is spot on!:beer:

Rumor has it that Globals are in fact coming. 12 to 24 months away. Also, he (Reid) is supposed to be expanding us into Europe, The Middle East and Asia. Maybe there is going to be a real Flexjet Europe again.

Latest resources

Back