• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet / Flight Options / SkyJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was released by our Union this morning regarding the meetings in CGF.
It is not the whole email, the other parts were just introductory and closing in nature and not necessary.

I added my view points that I felt are important, and especially important for the FlexJet pilots to understand that they are not being targeted for their seats, the IBT as the interest of both pilot groups in this process. The 1108 wants whats best for everyone, because in the long run, it will only benefit everyone single one of us, whether you are Flex or Options. The end result of higher pay, better working conditions, etc..... is what the IBT wants for everyone single one of us pilots.

The parties discussed the acquisition of Flexjet and the future integration of Flight Options and Flexjet?s operations. These preliminary discussions covered a variety of topics, including the terms of a fence agreement (protecting FlexJet pilots pay/seat/type as well as Options pilots) between the two carriers pending the operational merger of the two carriers, the National Mediation Board?s single carrier application process, the seniority integration process, future collective bargaining and the Union?s March 28, 2014 grievance. On Friday, April 4, 2014, the parties worked in separate caucuses on issues that were raised during the Thursday meeting. The joint meeting was productive and professional

As previously reported, the fence agreement provisions set forth in Section 1.5 our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) have the effect of protecting the interests of both Flight Options pilots and Flexjet pilots pending the completion of the operational merger. Fence agreements typically include a rule set that identifies the various functions of the two carriers that must remain separate until a representative of the post-merger, combined pilot group is selected (not sure if a new MEC election would also be required, however there is MEC elections coming up,I believe in the very near future, i.e. sometime this summer. FlexJet pilots can and should run for positions on the MEC, thus giving us an MEC with people from both past companies) through the National Mediation Board?s (NMB) representation procedures, the seniority lists of the two pilot groups are integrated and a collective bargaining agreement covering the combined pilot group is negotiated and takes effect. Fence and related agreements between the parties typically also address the timing for initiating NMB single carrier process and the fair treatment of pilots in the merger process.

Both parties expressed their commitment to an operational merger that protects the legitimate interests of all stakeholders, including pilot jobs and career prospects. To that end, your Union will engage in good faith bargaining over fence agreements and related matters. While our CBA requires interest arbitration in the absence of a mutually agreeable fence agreement (and we are prepared to use that process should it become necessary) we will work hard to reach a consensual agreement with management that protects pilots (notice they didn?t single out Options, they said pilots. That means all of us, FlexJet/Options) in this merger process.

Last edited:
Why would Flexjet pilots want to be on the MEC of your union?

I didn't see anywhere that the 1108 is going to petition the NMB for a single carrier ruling. Unless that happens fence agreements in your contract have no effect on the Flexjet crews. That would be like Delta putting in a fence provision fir the Flight Option pilots in their contract. It would do nothing.

I am starting to realize that an operational merge will happen with two separate pilot groups. The 1108 is against cringe carrier in everything I have read. This new communication doesn't seem to change that.

Why would Flexjet pilots want to be on the MEC of your union? - Because it will be OUR Union - the combined FlexJet and Options pilots groups

I didn't see anywhere that the 1108 is going to petition the NMB for a single carrier ruling. They won't until they can agree to fence agreements, thus protecting both groups. With no fence, no protection and filing for single then who knows what could happen to either pilot group.Unless that happens fence agreements in your contract have no effect on the Flexjet crews. That would be like Delta putting in a fence provision fir the Flight Option pilots in their contract. It would do nothing.

I am starting to realize that an operational merge will happen with two separate pilot groups. The 1108 is against cringe carrier in everything I have read. This new communication doesn't seem to change that.

Slowtation,

The IBT will never represent the Flexjet pilot group. Get that through your head.

We want nothing to do with the IBT and you don't have the numbers to force it in us.

Why are we still interviewing your furloughed pilots if there is going to be a single carrier ruling?

Slowtation,

The IBT will never represent the Flexjet pilot group. Get that through your head.

We want nothing to do with the IBT and you don't have the numbers to force it in us.

Why are we still interviewing your furloughed pilots if there is going to be a single carrier ruling?

You are going to be like the handleful of guys here at Options that were TravelAir and are still holding onto to TravelAir.

Talking about this is how we did it at TravelAir, this is what TravelAir did, etc........

FlexJet isn't FlexJet anymore, Bombardier sold you guys to Ricci.
Let's make this place 1 place and let's make it the best for everyone of us.
I see that as needing the 1108, I have been here before the 1108. I know that it is better now than it ever was. I don't want to go back to the way's it was. And I am not talking about the ********************finger days that we had, I am talking pre ********************finger, Ricci is no god, and I don't want to deal with the things that we had to deal with even under Ricci.

Enjoy your guys vote on your upcoming schedule change. Let me know what you vote, cause I can all ready tell you what the results are going to be and you won't like it.

It's not worth the effort to try and convince these guys. They have it all figured out. Why that can't see if Kenn is only willing to pay a Global captain $145K to live in a plane with no schedule that there going to keep there pay in smaller planes. I'm doing everything I can to get out of here as I don't want to be here when the Union is gone. But I am going to laugh my ass off when these guys start screaming about pay reductions and QOL goes down the crapper. And have fun saying "no" to this group with out protection. Why do you guys think that a Cleveland based company has it's certificate out of the Rochester FSDO. Because CLE FSDO won't sign off on there policies. Have fun saying no to 10 hour and 14 hour rules with no contract. Welcome to the "SUCK" boys.

Have fun saying no to 10 hour and 14 hour rules with no contract. Welcome to the "SUCK" boys.

We already can do 14 hour duty days with 10 hours of rest.

With bonuses based on performance the Global positions will pay considerably more than $145k as long as you aren't out to sabotage the operation.

Yoru quality of life will improve as you start to utilize our maintenance procedures. Having more planes available every day will reduce the load on individual crews.

When you run into a FJ crew ask us about our communication with the company. It is awesome. I believe you are scheduled to start receiving iPhones in Q3 with the messaging system.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back