Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
V1
Its all about the $.

I know that. We all know that. We all just have different perspectives on how to get the biggest piece of that pie as we can. There's any number of ways of going about it and no one knows for sure which way is best and history isn't always the most accurate indicator of things to come. I'm not anti-union but I am anti-Hoffa for my own personal reasons that transcends some silly feud between Options and Flexjet. So far, since September 5th, our pay hasn't changed and our benefits (as a whole) have gotten better. I pray that you guys aren't correct in predicting Kenn's dictatorial hammer comes slamming down on us some day. And if it does, then we'll all admit that you guys were correct and we'll adjust from there. But the preferred alternative is that one day you guys are brought up to our levels and we can all sing around the campfire. There is strength in numbers. And with Teamsters in the picture, we're all divided and unable to effectively negotiate terms with Kenn. But if we all stood together with Flexjet guys pushing for Options guys to get some pay and benefits increases, I believe there could be strength in that tactic.

All right, flame away...

Really, what about the "contract" that u guys had to sign. The one that basically threatens your job with every sentence that is written in it.

When you have an industry leading contract then call us crazy. Let's not forget who has it best right now, even by your (and by "your," I mean Options) own admission.

Also, I'm not sure which contract you read??? Out of the 12 pages, there are only a few paragraphs, much less "every sentence that is written in it," that deal with why you could be terminated. Things such as showing up to work drunk, on drugs, besmirching the company in public, unethical conduct, fraud, dishonesty, repeated failure to do your job, etc. If someone worked for me that acted in these manners, I'd fire'em, too! However, I do take issue with one section that deals with what happens to your employment if you're out of work for personal or medical reasons beyond your control after 90 days. I'm not sure if that was ever properly addressed when brought up to management?

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it says the company can terminate your services for any reason at all. At will is at will so long as it's not a civil rights type of thing.

When you have an industry leading contract then call us crazy. Let's not forget who has it best right now, even by your (and by "your," I mean Options) own admission.

I don't need an industry leading contract. I have a contract that makes me not an "at will" employee. A contract that can not get me fired if I say something to someone at an airport, hotel, etc... that they take the wrong way and run to management and say that I was bad mouthing the company. Being that the contract Ricci gave you guys says exactly that. What about Ricci saying they won't touch your pay for 1 year. That would really instill confidence in me as to what is going to happen to your pay in 1 year.

Here is the thing, Flops might not make the most money out there. But a contract is much more than that. I have no fear of telling them I will not be going over 14 hrs, on day 1 or even day 8 on my way home. If they can't get me home in 14 hrs, they need to change the schedule, or if I get home the next day, I get my comp time. I don't need to fear telling them that I will not fly over 10/24, that I am fatigued, etc......

And the biggest of them all. I know exactly where I stand when Ricci gets a big fat check from someone to buy the company, or he decides that he wants to stay forever in his Cabo house and never think about Options again. Because when Ricci is gone, my contract says these are my working conditions and rules. Whoever can not come in and change it on a whim, like your vacation and sick time that Ricci made into an all for one PTO.

Actually look what happened to our head cheerleader of HR (Hr Vice President) at Options, (Anguish wife )she has been here so long and was thought to be untouchable, apparently she said something Ricci didn't like and she now is out of a job. Just like that gone!

But hey you Flex pilots know better about Ricci, he hasn't messed with you yet..right?

Oh yea, FLOPS tracks (FLOPS lingo...Matrix) how many maintenance write ups a pilot makes.

Last edited:
I don't need an industry leading contract. I have a contract that makes me not an "at will" employee. A contract that can not get me fired if I say something to someone at an airport, hotel, etc... that they take the wrong way and run to management and say that I was bad mouthing the company. Being that the contract Ricci gave you guys says exactly that. What about Ricci saying they won't touch your pay for 1 year. That would really instill confidence in me as to what is going to happen to your pay in 1 year.

Here is the thing, Flops might not make the most money out there. But a contract is much more than that. I have no fear of telling them I will not be going over 14 hrs, on day 1 or even day 8 on my way home. If they can't get me home in 14 hrs, they need to change the schedule, or if I get home the next day, I get my comp time. I don't need to fear telling them that I will not fly over 10/24, that I am fatigued, etc......

And the biggest of them all. I know exactly where I stand when Ricci gets a big fat check from someone to buy the company, or he decides that he wants to stay forever in his Cabo house and never think about Options again. Because when Ricci is gone, my contract says these are my working conditions and rules. Whoever can not come in and change it on a whim, like your vacation and sick time that Ricci made into an all for one PTO.

Being an at-will employee isn't the worst thing in the world. I've been treated better in this career as an at-will employee than I ever was at my two ALPA airlines. I'm not toting water for Kenn by any means, but having a union contract between he and us sure doesn't look too appetizing when you read the comments on here. That being said, if he screws us, I'll be right there to hold him accountable with whatever pressure we can bring.

We have many of the same provisions as well, including go-home day rules. And have since many years ago. They're not the greatest rules in the world, but no one is ever held in contempt for holding scheduling to them. And if circumstances prevent certain rules from being followed, such as getting home on time on the last day, then we are compensated for that as well. No questions asked. In the number of years that I've been here, you wouldn't believe how hard people have had to try and get fired from this place. In some guys' cases, we all finally breathed a sigh of relief when they finally couldn't justify giving them more chances.

Under Bombardier, we obviously had no contract, either. Someone, Kenn, came in and bought us. Fortunately, rumor has it anyway, our leadership stood up for us played a role in the pay and benefits that we were able to retain. Our vacation and sick time policies are actually for the better, almost, except that we did lose three days. But the system is better than what we had previously.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that it says the company can terminate your services for any reason at all. At will is at will so long as it's not a civil rights type of thing.

Not trying to be a wise guy here, but do you even have a copy of the Agreement? No where in there does it say that they can just fire you. The only "without cause" clause is in case of layoffs. Other than that, it's pretty cut and dry from my perspective.

V1
Your an at will employee. Simple as that...your gone for any reason. Feel free to take your 2 page contract to court and see where that gets you.

That stove is hot don't touch it son......

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back