Flexjet Fleet Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CX880

What's the word on the Global Express, I though it was supposed to be in service by Jan. Not enough buyers?

Well a while back I was talking with someone at Flex and they were saying some customers want to fly long distance as in 10+ hours from the States to Asia. I'm pretty sure he said Flex was going to fly 1 or 2 Globals for these customers. I guess it could have been the 605 though.

I heard the 5000 is the most likely large aircraft to be added - but that they will not introduce it unless they have at least five fully sold. They figure that to be the minimum fleet size to be practical.

How many 605s are you guys expecting in 2008? Are the 605 crews separate from the 604 crews because of the Pro Line 21? Are any newhires getting placed on the 605?

The day flexjet gets globals to compete with netjets, the sun will freeze instantly. They are too scared to make such a big commitment because they are small thinkers.

How many 605s are you guys expecting in 2008? Are the 605 crews separate from the 604 crews because of the Pro Line 21? Are any newhires getting placed on the 605?

604 and 605 is same type, you just need differences training. so yes, a new hire can be placed in the 608/605 fleet. not exactly sure on the number showing up this year. somewhere in the 5-10 range I think. total ballpark guess.

Close. The company acutally, from what I was told by DG, needs 5 globals to support just one. We keep hearing rumor of a potential managed aircraft, but we all know how rumors go.

I heard the 5000 is the most likely large aircraft to be added - but that they will not introduce it unless they have at least five fully sold. They figure that to be the minimum fleet size to be practical.

604 and 605 is same type, you just need differences training. so yes, a new hire can be placed in the 608/605 fleet. not exactly sure on the number showing up this year. somewhere in the 5-10 range I think. total ballpark guess.

Is the 608 a new model? Never heard of it.

Latest resources

Back