• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flexjet Fleet Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was a joint decision between the company and the union training folks to make those separate fleets. Having flown the Ultra, the Encore and the EP at NJA, I'm quite surprised that the FAA allows a common type rating between those three models: different avionics and FMS's, limitations, systems, memory items, etc.

But I think NJA took the right approach separating the fleets. I was dual-qualified on the Ultra and the Encore at one point and there were a lot of differences between those two planes to keep straight.

604/605 have the same memory items, systems and limitations. the difference between the 5000 and 6000 FMS is that 4 buttons are different places. The only thing you have to learn in differences training is how to work the auto throttles and get used to looking at system info in a different format. No sense in splitting the fleet for that.

Any idea if the 300's are doing overseas work? I realize it's not the perfect airplane for it but it is possible from what I've seen.

Not really but you will get the fun of updating a full set of paper Jepps for Europe.

Sorry to bring this back to the top. Can any of you Flex guys tell me what the company uses to decide what fleet you will be placed in upon getting hired? Is it just the need to fill empty seats? Or does it have to do with gateways or past experience? I may be heading down to interview and was just curious about the chances of getting into the 604/605's v/s the Lears. I'd be NY/NJ based by the way if that makes any difference. Thanks.

I know a few people at Flex. The Lear 60s don't seem to fly as much as the 40/45 or the CL300. I know that Flex is getting a few Lear 60XRs with Pro Line 21 up front - not sure if the Lear 60 crews are cross trained on both the older and newer 60s.

One of my friends is on the CL300 fleet and I can confirm that he flies a lot but he really enjoys the airplane. It has a very comfortable flight deck for those frequent transcon flights:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Unti...=693&sok=&photo_nr=1&prev_id=&next_id=1062939

I know a few people at Flex. The Lear 60s don't seem to fly as much as the 40/45 or the CL300. I know that Flex is getting a few Lear 60XRs with Pro Line 21 up front - not sure if the Lear 60 crews are cross trained on both the older and newer 60s.

60 guys are cross trained and were slowly transitioning to an all XR fleet.

Hiring is done by aircraft needs. You could be typed in a Challenger and get hired for a Lear and visa-versa. Totally dependent on the aircraft slot that needs to be filled.

If your interested in getting in, I suggest you push the ball fairly quickly. Heard we just had our last Lear class until around August, maybe one more 300 class and nothing on the 600's until September FWIW.

Good luck.

Thanks. I "interviewed" with KP at an open house a few weeks ago. I hopefully will be heading to Dallas soon, maybe for one of those classes.

Slow for now!!
Word is, that they have tons of resumes but not too many in the North East, which is primarily where they want people. So if u want to work here and you live in the N.E. put your stuff in now!!

Latest resources

Back