FlexJet - Anything New???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FastJP4

Seems very quiet with the Flex folks. Anything new going on over there? Base improvements? Rolling rest improvements? 3 a.m. calls from scheduling cease? Health insurance improvements? QOL improvements? Still hot to trot for a union? Or have all of those gone by the wayside with the May daily rate increase?

Just curious - seems like the crickets are noisier than the pilots since the pay increase announcement.

Fast

nothing has chaged. a lot of promises were made in january and nothing has been done but talk talk talk.

union drive is still going, more cards are being sent in.

Good Luck to the Flex pilots! Between NJA and CS, there is a definite industry standard and there's no justification for a large discrepancy in pay when frac pilots all do essentially the same job.

Good Luck to the Flex pilots! Between NJA and CS, there is a definite industry standard and there's no justification for a large discrepancy in pay when frac pilots all do essentially the same job.

Yeah but us Flexjet guys are Back below industry standard because we work 202 days per year for the same money while the other s work 180. Nothing like be number 3 on the totem pole again!

at least you flops guys are working on a contract. If everything works out for you, Flex will become the lowest paid fractional pretty soon.

Yeah but us Flexjet guys are Back below industry standard because we work 202 days per year for the same money while the other s work 180. Nothing like be number 3 on the totem pole again!

I often use the term "underpaid/overworked" because of situations like yours, Pro. I agree that pilots have to compare the daily rate to see exactly where they stand. If there's a big gap its wrong. QOL is an important issue to professionals gone from home so much. The industry standard is 180 days and that's quite enough as it is. More than that should be voluntary and come with extra pay of course. Otherwise you're underpaid/overworked, especially if the rest of your compensation package is lagging behind, as well. Hopefully, it's not. My sympathy to the Flex pilots and their families for a situation that's frustrating and de-motivating. :( On second thought, it could motivate pilots to band together and take a stand.

The do more with less method needs to get the boot.

I often use the term "underpaid/overworked" because of situations like yours, Pro. I agree that pilots have to compare the daily rate to see exactly where they stand. If there's a big gap its wrong. QOL is an important issue to professionals gone from home so much. The industry standard is 180 days and that's quite enough as it is. More than that should be voluntary and come with extra pay of course. Otherwise you're underpaid/overworked, especially if the rest of your compensation package is lagging behind, as well. Hopefully, it's not. My sympathy to the Flex pilots and their families for a situation that's frustrating and de-motivating. :( On second thought, it could motivate pilots to band together and take a stand.

The do more with less method needs to get the boot.

Flex is not really as bad as everyone makes it sound to be. I am not sure sympathy is in order, no one died or anything and and most people are not de-motivated. My family is doing well too. I will make close to 70,000 as a year three FO so we are not on fold stamps and my kids have food to eat. Thank you anyways.

You're right, Flexjet is absolutely not a bad place to be. It is right on the brink of being "really good" as opposed to what it is right now, "ok".

I remember an email from DG early this year that he wanted new rest rules by the end of the first quarter this year. Hmm, thats getting close isn't it? No word yet.

If we could get REAL REST RULES and not, "here's $200 for your troubles", this place would be vastly improved. How many times have we all now had 501AM start times now that the $200 "rule" went into effect??

Bottom line is, we need the exact rules that NJ has regarding rest. Will that happen? probably not.

Will the health benefits ever get improved? I hope so. One of the problems with Flexjet is you have to keep your fingers crossed for A LONG TIME.

Latest resources

Back