• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Anything New???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finn, I didn't suggest your kids weren't eating just that they should be able to have you with them as much as NJ kids have their pilot-parent at home. I think the benefits should be comparable, too. Fairness mandates that other frac families should have the same security (enjoyed by NJA families) that comes with a contract. All frac pilots should have protections (a process that must be followed) and representation should questions arise. Our frac families' futures are too important to leave to the whim of management. The pilots have too much invested in their career to leave it to chance, just hoping things will work out well for them. Other professionals have a voice in their career destiny, why should pilots be treated like unskilled laborers?!

In today's job market professionals take a contract for granted. Doctors won't see a patient until the paperwork guaranteeing payment has been filled out. Who buys a car or has a house built without a contract to protect their investment? Contracts are all around us these days, and I'm quite sure that the upper management of FlexJet doesn't work without one.

Finn, sympathy along the lines of "that's too bad" isn't as strong as condolences sent to a grieving family; and it's always optional. It's only fair to let the individual pilot or family member decide for his/her self. The PMs I receive (some from readers who don't post) express appreciation so feel free to skip the encouragement if you personally don't need it. The offer remains because I don't want to disappoint those who like encouraging words. Fair warning sympathetic words ahead...;)

My sympathy (the kind where you shake your head and say that's not right) to the Flex pilots who want the going daily rate for their professional skill and/or a contract that enables their family to count on the present compensation package remaining the same (remember Options pilots had their health care rates jacked way up) while planning their future based on a pay scale agreed to by the company.
Best Wishes,
Netjetwife

Flex is not really as bad as everyone makes it sound to be. I am not sure sympathy is in order, no one died or anything and and most people are not de-motivated. My family is doing well too. I will make close to 70,000 as a year three FO so we are not on fold stamps and my kids have food to eat. Thank you anyways.

70 grand? no way. not a chance. 3rd year FO is like $220 a day. how many days a year you working?

That's too bad. It seems the pay increase has stopped the bulk of the motivation to strive for something better. QOL issue's remain, and other than Flops - Flex is right back at the bottom of the heap. 5:01 shows to save $200 - doesn't get much crappier than that. An extra 22 days of work and still coming up short of the others. One has to wonder when the Flex pilots themselves will step up to the plate.

Another victory for management. They sure worked the pilot group like a two foot putt.

Fast, it's posts like yours that elicit my sympathy for Flex pilots. To me, it's a simple matter of fairness and it bothers me to see frac families get a raw deal. I agree with you that there's lots of room for improvement but little chance of it happening in a timely fashion--unless the Flex pilots take the initiative to force management to respond to the pilotgroups' needs. They don't seem to have a problem ignoring you and they certainly don't have your best interests at heart. The pilots are the ones who should represent themselves when decisions are made that affect them and their families. The longer they put you off the more money you're losing out on and the further behind you're falling compared to the majority of frac pilots. That's not right and I feel badly for you and your family. Best Wishes, NJW

NJW, I agree with most of what you say. Let's keep it in perspective though - it wasn't too long ago that NetJets was one of the dogs in the frac industry. Flex has the best fleet, a 15 billion a year parent company - yet they always come up short in the most important areas.

I had a friend that recently interviewed there. He said one of the few things stressed was that they were non-union, and they want to keep it that way. NetJets is where they are because the pilots got together and stuck together. Flex could be the same way - but they have no unity. They fear loss of job if they are proactive towards the union - one of the very things that screams for a union. Granted, it's a tough road to tow - but if they never walk down that road together - then they will remain on the bottom where they currently find themselves.

You know what, guys? I don't want to work for NetJets. That's why I did not APPLY to them, and why I took the job at Flex. I LIKE the fact that it's smaller. I LIKE the fact that it's non-union, which gives the company more flexibility to deal with individual situations (go to the training center and ask GR about that). I LIKE the people I am working with. I do not want us to turn into NetJets. It would take away that which I chose.

NJW, I agree with most of what you say. Let's keep it in perspective though - it wasn't too long ago that NetJets was one of the dogs in the frac industry. And well I know it! It's the reason I started posting here in the first place. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Flex has the best fleet, a 15 billion a year parent company - Please remind me who the parent company is. yet they always come up short in the most important areas. Inexcusable I think; something that happens on a regular basis seems more deliberate than coincidental.

I had a friend that recently interviewed there. He said one of the few things stressed was that they were non-union, and they want to keep it that way. That is awful; banding together for support is an American right! If Flex management treated their pilots fairly and offered the industry standard in the compensation package and work rules there wouldn't be interest in a Union nearly as much as they seem to think. NetJets is where they are because the pilots got together and stuck together. Absolutely! I have posted that the NJA pilots were apathetic far too long. It took strong leaders and a grass roots movement to wake them up. I don't think they'll ever want to go back to the 284 type of days again. Flex could be the same way - but they have no unity. They fear loss of job if they are proactive towards the union - one of the very things that screams for a union. Exactly! Granted, it's a tough road to tow - but if they never walk down that road together - then they will remain on the bottom where they currently find themselves.

Very well said, Fast! I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you and your families. NJW

Latest resources

Back