• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FlexJet - Anything New???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PBS yield just dropped to 15 days. How's that raise looking now?

PBS yield just dropped to 15 days. How's that raise looking now?

true, but you are still guranteed 16 days per bid (208 per year) cycle if you want them, I think the lower yield will give people the opportunity to work less if they want to and people that want to work more can

true, but you are still guranteed 16 days per bid (208 per year) cycle if you want them, I think the lower yield will give people the opportunity to work less if they want to and people that want to work more can

True, but the raise should have been based on 15 days then and not 15.5. This means first year pay is really 54k opposed to 56k, and that's still working 15 days more per year than NJ or CS. Flex math at its finest.

ugh....just look the pay as daily rates. forget about the year end numbers game. the "average" that they show everybody should be based on daily rates

and if he didn't answer the phone at 3am he'd get in trouble right?

Last edited:
well of course he was in rest. it was 3am. unless he had a 4am show he was in rest.

but they call during rest all the time. thats the point...they use rolling rest. as long as you had 10 hours uninterrupted before they call, they dont care if you are currently in rest or not

I had a show time moved up by 6 hours recently. If I didn't answer the phone I'm sure i would have gotten in trouble. I have never ever ever flown with a captain that does not answer their phone at 3am. They all ask, "if they call, how much notice do you need?" so everybody answers the phone. Not one person has said on the BB "I do not answer my phone." everybody talks tough here but nobody actually follows the rules

Last edited:
Rest Rules

well of course he was in rest. it was 3am. unless he had a 4am show he was in rest.

but they call during rest all the time. thats the point...they use rolling rest. as long as you had 10 hours uninterrupted before they call, they dont care if you are currently in rest or not

I had a show time moved up by 6 hours recently. If I didn't answer the phone I'm sure i would have gotten in trouble. I have never ever ever flown with a captain that does not answer their phone at 3am. They all ask, "if they call, how much notice do you need?" so everybody answers the phone. Not one person has said on the BB "I do not answer my phone." everybody talks tough here but nobody actually follows the rules

It's a shame that very few pilots know the rules of their profession. You want to answer the phone? Go a head.

but they call during rest all the time. thats the point...they use rolling rest. as long as you had 10 hours uninterrupted before they call,

Actually, according to them, on a normal overnight they can call after 8hrs of rest no matter what time you were originally planned to come out of rest.... So into rest at 1700 the phone can begin ringing at 0300am or the original planned time, or your duty start time can be pushed back to whatever they desire... Not sure how you are expected to plan your sleep for all this, but that's the way it is.

Hopefully things will get better in the near future with more logical and safe rest rules.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back