• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex or Net Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a feeling that by early 2006 we'll have Captains with mid-2002 hire dates.

What ever happened to the guy known as Scrotum-Boy? I overheard a Flex crew talking about this person a while back......what's the story?

Last edited:
What is the reason behind Flex's hiring blitz? Are they losing guys to JB, SWA and Air Tran, or are they thinking that they will be getting owners from Netjets?

yeah

Go to CS and enjoy going to Sim Recurrent on your off days. Nothing like being gone 21 days or so in a row twice a year.

FalconPilot69 said:
What is the reason behind Flex's hiring blitz? Are they losing guys to JB, SWA and Air Tran, or are they thinking that they will be getting owners from Netjets?

1) not too many
2) thinking?

hmmmmmmmm.......

Flex is getting 52 airplanes over the next couple of years. What the "net" gain is, I have no idea. Maybe someone else on here can give that number. I heard we are getting 13 300's next year though. Anyone else got different numbers???

It doesn't hurt us that there's all that crying going on at netjets either...

The Captain I flew with 2 rotations ago had the long recurrent in Aug. R H came in and said the 52 planes are all growth. We may get more, depending if we can get more 300's from the factory. Also said that all '02 hires will upgrade by Spring '06. He was estimating we might have 500 pilots by the end of '07. Of course, everthing is subject to change.

I wonder if that 52 planes includes the reported doubling of the 604 fleet.

According to the last (already out of date) seniority list, including the 9 2002 hires left, that would be 42 upgrades. There are probably some CH 300 seatlocks in that list but, that would be a massive training effort during our busy months.

I hope it's true, but like you said... things change.

Neither... Go find a good Gulfstream operator. Get a job that fly's 400 hrs a year, pays 70 to 90 for an fo and 140 plus for the Cpt and stay there forever. Everyone thought fractionals were the bomb in the 90's. They are not. Net Jets Union has no teeth due to the archaic RLA. The old way was way better. Pilot "Hey boss i need to talk to you about a raise." Boss "Whats on your mind." Pilot "I need about a 5 % increase per year." Boss "Sorry cant do it" Pilot "ok here is my two weeks notice." Boss "Hold on a minute, your a great guy i dont want to loose you. How about 4% and another week off in the summer to take your kids to the company beach house." Pilot "Deal!"

Latest resources

Back