Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hammer2 said:
Which would be better to work for?

Neither, they both suc*.. If you must go fractional go Citation SHares. The CEO is a classy guy and he sets the tone from the top down.

Go to CS

I agree with the dude above.

Go to Citation shares.

I was at Flex 4 years, then went to Netjets.

Been there 4 years as well and am starting to look for a new job.

I also agree with the other poster, "Here we go".

Semore,

You started at Flex 8 years ago, 1997. Were'nt you hired at Flex maybe late 1999 early 2000? If you were hired in 97' you left Flex as a Cap. Not to many guys would leave here as a Cap to go to NJA. You would have been a 604 captain if you were hired 8 years ago. Something tells me your numbers dont add up. Or it just feels like 8 years and I can feel that pain.

Yep, you are correct!

Vixen, now that you mention it, I was getting close to starting my 4rth year and I just started my 4rth year, So it was really about 6 years. Sorry, it wasn't an intent to mislead.

I left Flex because I wasn't sure which way they were gonna go, and they couldn't give me any idea when I was gonna upgrade. (When I hired in I was told 6 to 8 months)

Funny thing is when I got to Netjets I was told upgrade was about 6 to 8 months, and that the contract was almost done and the pay was gonna get good.

I do like Netjets better, the fleet, and the schedule. I also came here because I thought it would be more stable. As everybody learns eventually in civil aviation, there are no garruntees.

The line pilots at both companies are great. The flying is cool and it actually appeals to me more then the airlines. (That lifestyle has sure changed over my civilian career).

Good luck to everyone

So what is the current upgrade time at FlexJet? The airlinepilotpay.com says the most junior pilot hired was August 2005. How can it be that fast? Was that a street Captain? Why does it say "Ultra" in parentheses?

Semore Butts said:
Vixen, now that you mention it, I was getting close to starting my 4rth year and I just started my 4rth year, So it was really about 6 years. Sorry, it wasn't an intent to mislead.

I left Flex because I wasn't sure which way they were gonna go, and they couldn't give me any idea when I was gonna upgrade. (When I hired in I was told 6 to 8 months)

Funny thing is when I got to Netjets I was told upgrade was about 6 to 8 months, and that the contract was almost done and the pay was gonna get good.

I do like Netjets better, the fleet, and the schedule. I also came here because I thought it would be more stable. As everybody learns eventually in civil aviation, there are no garruntees.

The line pilots at both companies are great. The flying is cool and it actually appeals to me more then the airlines. (That lifestyle has sure changed over my civilian career).

Good luck to everyone

anotherwannabe said:
So what is the current upgrade time at FlexJet? The airlinepilotpay.com says the most junior pilot hired was August 2005. How can it be that fast? Was that a street Captain? Why does it say "Ultra" in parentheses?

I don't know where airlinepilotpay.com is getting their info, but here are the facts as I know them:

1. As late as the middle part of 2005 we had some 5+ year FO's at Flex.

2. There have been upgrades lately and the most senior FO is about 4 years 5 months

3. The most junior pilot is probably Aug 2005 and is in training.

4. I am not aware of any street Captains except when the company was started

5. I have no idea what the ultra reference is unless it is ultra-slow upgrades

Flex is not a bad place to work, but upgrades aren't happening fast.

Latest resources

Back