• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OMG! How could THIS have happened! I was stunned & surprised.

"...we have become aware that the Company has been using Flexjet aircraft to cover supplemental lift at Flight Options." [excerpt from the 1108's 1/25 letter to company]

I mean, Jiminy Crickets! Didn't our most trustworthy leaders assure us the two companies would remain separate? There's gotta be a mistake here, there just has to be!

Last edited:
OHGOON...great to hear from you...but a personal shot so early in the year? Hope you and yours had some good holidays and best wishes for the New Year!

My post is a bit old...December 20th I believe...not sure why you waited until now to bring it up. I stand by what was posted...can't blame management if the union leadership fell down on the job...the members voted them in...voted on the contract...and if they don't like what they bargained for, deal with it the next time. It's not management's fault.

Did a little research on the phrase "reflexively anti-union"...cute cliche that appears to have originated by interesting souls who use it whenever they don't have substantive ammo to fire when faced with crisp, clear, and irrefutable facts that support a position that is contrary to theirs.

You don't have "crisp, clear, and irrefutable facts" on your side. No union is perfect, but your management is no prize either. OHGOON has a far better grasp of the facts in this case.

OMG! How could THIS have happened! I was stunned & surprised.

"...we have become aware that the Company has been using Flexjet aircraft to cover supplemental lift at Flight Options." [excerpt from the 1108's 1/25 letter to company]

I mean, Jiminy Crickets! Didn't our most trustworthy leaders assure us the two companies would remain separate? There's gotta be a mistake here, there just has to be!

And 1108 sends a request asking how many of those flights Flexjet operated? When they get the answer, "none," maybe then they'll think to ask how many were operated by Jet Solutions, LLC? Laddie seems to have forgotten that Flex doesn't have a certificate and thus can't do any charter. Those Flex planes and pilots would had to have been under operational control of JS.

From what I've been told, a lot of mornings FLOPs dispatch reliability is only 70% by 7am. With those numbers, why would one be surprised that their owners had to placed on other aircraft? If not Flexjet, via Jet Solutions (who is the 135 certificate holder for us), then it would've been some other outside charter company. Either way, someone besides FLOPs pilots would've been fly those owners. You might as well keep it within the DAC family if there are Flex crews available.

I think their contract limits how much charter can be done, and there may be some ramifications about separate companies even though we know it's a smoke screen.

I think their contract limits how much charter can be done, and there may be some ramifications about separate companies even though we know it's a smoke screen.

You might think that, but it seems 1108 neglected that small point in negotiating the last contract. There's no limit to charter sell-off, and no ramifications if it exceeds a certain number or percentage (like, say, in the NJ contract that they already had for a template).

So when the company gets rid of its core fleet and declares a bunch of pilots surplus, it can use Flex planes and pilots (being operated, of course, by Solutions, which is not an affiliate company) without limit. (facepalm) DOH!

Can't see why wouldn't the Flex pilots want these guys protecting them?

If you look at how much KR wants to screw with his low (and I mean low) salary pilots just wait for what he has in plan for Flex. It won't be sudden, but slowly he will chip away at everything.

Do fractionals have pass privileges for commuting to and from work? (are you able to fly as a stand-by non-revenue passenger on the airlines or ride in the flight deck?)

Latest resources

Back