• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Flex Jet read file

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys did do a good job of pushing his buttons. He is probably under a lot of stress. It would be a nice gift to him to cut him a break.

Enjoy the holidays with your family and friends.

I'm taking a break from him.

Really. You threaten me in a prior post then when I call you out your taking a break from me you coward! You hide behind this message board. But when I call you out you hide like a scared little bitch that you are. Done wasting my time with you DOH your dog ******************** on my shoe.

Not hiding from you at all. This is just pointless. Taking a break from that.

doh
just remember it is the holiday season and some of these guys have taken a big hit. Imagine being in your 40's and still living with your wife and kids in your parents basement. I'll buy him a double. Make that a fifth.

Happy new years! New years resolution for this old dog, death to the slave machine that is Flight Options. Stand tall, stand united and send Ricci and company packing, thats my resolution.

Why would management want to throw out the union? Based on the comments, it sounds like they have a pretty good deal with the union in place.

Shouldn't those that are unhappy being addressing their ire at the leaders of the union who talked everyone into the contract? Seems that Ken agreed to what the employees wanted...now they have it and they still aren't happy. What's a guy suppose to do?

Facts and historical context seem not really to be your strong suit, but the statement above is so dumb it's surprising, even for you. We know you're reflexively anti-union but do you have to be willfully ignorant to remain so?

It's a fact that Flops got their contract in the depth of the aftermath of the 08 Financial collapse. Given that prior to, they were the worst paid and most abused pilot group in the Frac world, their contract was a vast improvement and considering what they were up against, a borderline miracle.

FLOPS pay scales indeed remained substandard compared with NJ so called industry standard (negotiated during the height of the gogo years), but everything else in their CBA is a thing of beauty and in some ways even exceeds some of what NJ's CBA guarantees.

Ricci never agreed to what the pilots really wanted and the Union leadership never sold this contract as the end all be all. In fact, historically a first time CBA is always a building block from which things will be improved upon over time. Ricci therefore really wants to get rid of the Union at FLOPS because he knows that when the two operations finally merge he will have to deal with a much larger unionized pilot group which will cost him not just more money but absolute control over his new baby. CEOs, usually being Type A control freaks, really hate to be restricted in any way, especially when it comes from people they deem to be beneath them.

Hope I cleared up your misconception that Ricci loves having a Union in place.

Last edited:
Facts and historical context seem not really to be your strong suit, but the statement above is so dumb it's surprising, even for you. We know you're reflexively anti-union but do you have to be willfully ignorant to remain so?

It's a fact that Flops got their contract in the depth of the aftermath of the 08 Financial collapse. Given that prior to, they were the worst paid and most abused pilot group in the Frac world, their contract was a vast improvement and considering what they were up against, a borderline miracle.

FLOPS pay scales indeed remained substandard compared with NJ so called industry standard (negotiated during the height of the gogo years), but everything else in their CBA is a thing of beauty and in some ways even exceeds some of what NJ's CBA guarantees.

Ricci never agreed to what the pilots really wanted and the Union leadership never sold this contract as the end all be all. In fact, historically a first time CBA is always a building block from which things will be improved upon over time. Ricci therefore really wants to get rid of the Union at FLOPS because he knows that when the two operations finally merge he will have to deal with a much larger unionized pilot group which will cost him not just more money but absolute control over his new baby. CEOs, usually being Type A control freaks, really hate to be restricted in any way, especially when it comes from people they deem to be beneath them.

Hope I cleared up your misconception that Ricci loves having a Union in place.

OHGOON...great to hear from you...but a personal shot so early in the year? Hope you and yours had some good holidays and best wishes for the New Year!

My post is a bit old...December 20th I believe...not sure why you waited until now to bring it up. I stand by what was posted...can't blame management if the union leadership fell down on the job...the members voted them in...voted on the contract...and if they don't like what they bargained for, deal with it the next time. It's not management's fault.

Did a little research on the phrase "reflexively anti-union"...cute cliche that appears to have originated by interesting souls who use it whenever they don't have substantive ammo to fire when faced with crisp, clear, and irrefutable facts that support a position that is contrary to theirs.

Latest resources

Back