• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, but you fail to appreciate my Honda generator, Sat reciever and 65 inch plasma. The only in flight entertainment the NWA passengers get is watching my TV while on final to 8L in ATL.

Or the cnn monitor in the detoilet terminal while waiting for their dc9 to be fixed while on yet another mx delay!:laugh: :laugh:

Well certainly it would be best if oil wasn't over $100/bbl, and certainly we are all in for a bumpy ride, however I don't think that a merger with NWA is inevitable. I believe DAL has other strategic alternatives that may be more workable and may in fact be preferable.Maybe, maybe not, what would happen if NWA and CAL merge? they would have a strong hold on the skyteam alliance and DAL would be the odd guy out. Thats CALs biggest concern right now between NWA/DAL. EIther way keep sipping on the koolaid it should keep everything in a blurr ;) j/k (kinda lol)

International expansion is an important part of DAL's plan of reorganization and it has worked well. These aircraft are nothing new and management has reaffirmed their plan to take delivery of these aircraft which are a vital part of our international expansion plans.

The ideal time for getting on the same page was 2 months ago. If there is going to be a merger, your MEC is going to have to step up and take some ownership of the SLI. Passing the buck and putting the careers of your pilots in the hands of an arbitrator, is an abdication of leadership I think they have figured out it is better putting it in the hands of an arbitrator as opposed to putting it in the hands of DALALPA to decide. DALALPA doesnt want to go to an arbitrator because they know their stance is lopsided and an arbitrator will see right through it. .

Discuss :p

Oh yeah, from the 10k's,:
DAL average fleet age = 12.4
NWA average fleet age = 17.5 (11.1 if you take out the -9's, as you guys say is going to happen)

What a huge difference:rolleyes:

Ouch, that is an old fleet. 17.5 years old. Look at the bright side, once all your DC-9s are gone your average fleet age will be just north of 11.1.

Do you have any replacement aircraft on order for those aging DC-9s?

What's the average age of your 747-200s. 25?

What's the average age of your 747-400s. 15?

Good thing you got the last of your A330s in there to drive your average down. We'll be taking delivery of 22 new aircraft through 2009, that should help us out.

Do you have any replacement aircraft on order for those aging DC-9s?
Sure they do, its called "Compass."

What's the average age of your 747-200s. 25?
Probably older than detoilet320! Oh wait, he's a greenbook....Nevermind!:laugh:

What's the average age of your 747-400s. 15?

Wow, that is old, and gass guzzling to boot!

Good thing you got the last of your A330s in there to drive your average down. We'll be taking delivery of 22 new aircraft through 2009, that should help us out.

Shhhh. Don't go confuising those guys with facts, it only confuses them!
Like fins said, at least the price of aluminum has gone up, so they'll get some good coin for those aging dc9's!!:laugh:

Got a link - this doesn't show up in any of the news wires or NYT site?

Agreed...this doesn't show up on the NYT site after a complete search. There are also no corrections or retractions. A general google search shows only one hit on the article

http://www.homeandawaymagazine.com/content.cfm?n=396

...and who knows, they may have gotten it from here.

This could just be a mistake, but I don't think that the NYT would rehash a story like this as FDJ suggested, considering they had fairly decent coverage of both the DAL and NWA MEC responses after things fell apart. The NYT and the Washington Post are really the only two decent papers left, and they are usually reasonably careful about checking their facts.

In any event, I'm calling BS on this one.

Nu

Last edited:
This could just be a mistake, but I don't think that the NYT would rehash a story like this as FDJ suggested, considering they had fairly decent coverage of both the DAL and NWA MEC responses after things fell apart.

Don't bet on it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN0565283420080305

The NYT and the Washington Post are really the only two decent papers left, and they are usually reasonably careful about checking their facts.

Nu

Their facts are correct, just dated.

Latest resources

Back