• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, 22 aircraft deliveries through 2009 and a 15% increase in international flying.

March 21, 2008

Delta Pilots and Flight Operations Professionals,
Below find the text from the most recent Flight Operations code-a-phone.

"As our domestic economy continues to slow, the real bright spot in our business plan is our continued international expansion, which should be on the order of approximately 17% through the remainder of this year.Over the next 10 days Delta will initiate service to China and make our long awaited entry into Heathrow.We will continue to support this expansion and will continue to take delivery of 22 international aircraft through 2009 including B-777-200LR, B-757-200ER, and B-737-700s. In fact yesterday, at 4pm EST, we took title to our 2nd 777-200LR, the aircraft arrived in ATL just before 5pm Friday afternoon."

DeltaNet

WOW, your company can continue to increase its debt load while its projected to lose A LOT of money. That's great, I am sure those plans are set in stone and could NEVER change. Get real, your company is just as susceptible to increase fuel, if not in more trouble. In case you haven't figured it out yet you dont have some DAL double breasted canopy protecting you from the current issues no matter how many, "projected" aircraft you "may" get.

The real kicker would be if these announcements and aircraft are actually being planned already for the combined carrier. think about it :bomb:

Again we are all going to be caught up in this mess so we might as well get on the same page now whether we like it or not.:cool:

From the very same article:

2 Billion $. Wow....Double Ouch!! What multiple of DAL 2007 profits is that? Hmmmmmm?

Lame.

Don't worry detoilet, you can always supplement your income by cleaning pools like the nice chap that was over today!
Gear up junior greenbook!:laugh:

Why does your MEC still want this deal?
Asked and Answered earlier today. You Really need some new material. Or an attention span as large as your ego.

Oh, and to answer your question, a 1.7B increase in fuel expense is 2.2 times NWA's 2007 profit while a 2B increase in fuel at DAL is 3.2 times your 2007 profit.

Oh yeah, from the 10k's,:
DAL average fleet age = 12.4
NWA average fleet age = 17.5 (11.1 if you take out the -9's, as you guys say is going to happen)

What a huge difference:rolleyes:

22 aircraft deliveries through 2009 and increased international flying.

March 21, 2008

Delta Pilots and Flight Operations Professionals,
Below find the text from the most recent Flight Operations code-a-phone.

"As our domestic economy continues to slow, the real bright spot in our business plan is our continued international expansion, which should be on the order of approximately 17% through the remainder of this year.Over the next 10 days Delta will initiate service to China and make our long awaited entry into Heathrow.However, we have instead decided to do the moral and right thing for the US taxpayers. Instead of spending money on expansion, we plan to pay back every dime we looted from them when we stuck the PBGC with our pilot pensions. We hope everyone understands our decison not to continue to be dirtbags....Thanks for checking in"

DeltaNet

What the rest of us would really like to see out of this

Don't worry detoilet, you can always supplement your income by cleaning pools like the nice chap that was over today!
Gear up junior greenbook!:laugh:

The only pool you should be concerned about is the hiring kind you'll be trying to get into after your next trip through CH11. Unless we merge and our financials save you down the road. In which case you really need to get up to speed on your terminology. I'm "senior bluebook" ....as in "My Captain is a senior bluebook guy from NWA".

The good news is that with the run up in aluminum prices, NWA's fleet is worth $45,000.

Heyas Fins,

That's good news for the bank when they come to repo your trailer in the employee parking lot.

Nu

Again we are all going to be caught up in this mess so we might as well get on the same page now whether we like it or not.:cool:

Well certainly it would be best if oil wasn't over $100/bbl, and certainly we are all in for a bumpy ride, however I don't think that a merger with NWA is inevitable. I believe DAL has other strategic alternatives that may be more workable and may in fact be preferable.

International expansion is an important part of DAL's plan of reorganization and it has worked well. These aircraft are nothing new and management has reaffirmed their plan to take delivery of these aircraft which are a vital part of our international expansion plans.

The ideal time for getting on the same page was 2 months ago. If there is going to be a merger, your MEC is going to have to step up and take some ownership of the SLI. Passing the buck and putting the careers of your pilots in the hands of an arbiitrator, is an abdication of leadership.

Heyas Fins,

That's good news for the bank when they come to repo your trailer in the employee parking lot.

Nu
Yes, but you fail to appreciate my Honda generator, Sat reciever and 65 inch plasma. The only in flight entertainment the NWA passengers get is watching my TV while on final to 8L in ATL.

Last edited:
The only pool you should be concerned about is the hiring kind you'll be trying to get into after your next trip through CH11.
You really need to get more creative....I guess you fail to recognize your chp 11 trip, which resulted in much poorer pay and work rules!
I guess to expect more from some fng greenbook lacky is too much!:rolleyes:

Unless we merge and our financials save you down the road.
Or we buy you, and rescue you from another trip into bankruptcy!

In which case you really need to get up to speed on your terminology.
This from the punk who has the reading comprehension?:laugh: Sparky, you are really funny!:laugh:

I'm "senior bluebook" ....as in "My Captain is a senior bluebook guy from NWA".
Sure you are greenbook!
Come on junior greenbook......Gear up now!

Latest resources

Back