• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The majors have been undercut by the regionals for years.
That is because the mainline pilots drew a circle around that flying that excluded the pilots performing it. A union's primary job is to bring folks together. By keeping us separate and allowing alter ego competition, we have reaped exactly what we have sown.

That is because the mainline pilots drew a circle around that flying that excluded the pilots performing it. A union's primary job is to bring folks together. By keeping us separate and allowing alter ego competition, we have reaped exactly what we have sown.

You did read my entire post didnt you? Re-Read it and you will see i just said what you posted in responce to my post;) :laugh:

So maybe I'm agreeing with you.

Ok good now we are getting somewhere :) I just wanted to make sure because you quoted only the part that made my post look negative and i wanted to clarify that that was just the beginning of my well orchestrated post ;) :beer:

Superpilot:

What Joe will correctly point out is that NWA and Delta's rates on similar equipment undercuts ASA's contract rates. Sad, but true. He's got us there.

Superpilot:

What Joe will correctly point out is that NWA and Delta's rates on similar equipment undercuts ASA's contract rates. Sad, but true. He's got us there.

Oh you mean the concessionary rates? So when those go up will his go up? He didn't get us there my friend. His company and our old companies thrived after 9/11 where NWA/DAL took massive hits. Compare those rates and he has no argument. Plus had mainline not given up that flying his company wouldn't exist in its present form, correct? two sides to every coin.

Perhaps within the MEC, but not at the line pilot level.

A course reversal, regardless of sound logic and reason, would destroy credibility and trust. Already there was a halfway organized run on the MEC. Take the goodies off the table, along with job protections and the fear of fleet reductions and it is a highly undesireable position for any ALPA politician. A very quick way to be outside the circle of trust.

We don't know if Occam's bomb is real, a Hollywood prop, or wishful thinking on the part of the NWA MEC.

Both sides are pretty well painted in a corner.

Now management on the other hand.... although Occam says this is a MEC thing.... hmm, still need a lot more information....

Heyas Fins,

Occam's reports are correct. There have been "talks" going during the week. Management's job has been done for weeks, and they just need to make a phone call.

You are right that both sides are painted in the corner. But the sad fact is that this merger has been planned out for a long time, and a few pissy, whiney pilots are not going to stop it, despite what goodwill "promises" were made.

Word came down from the respective companies:"this thing is going to happen...period. So you guys can either get onboard or get run over." This is why you see an abrupt about face and the two groups meeting again. Union politics at this point are irrelevant.

I suspect that any agreement will split the difference between the last two respective positions...just like most good negotiations do. Each side will be able to save face by bringing something back, there will be a hue and cry from the vocal minority, but the huge silent majority at each airline will see the writing on the wall, and vote the thing in.

Then we can get on with the business of being pissed at each other for the rest of our careers, with NWA guys wearing buttons that say "Keep Delta their Delta" and cutsey little stickers on the DAL flight bags that have a Viking with a circle and slash.

In the end, it won't matter one iota what any of us thinks.

Nu

...but the huge silent majority at each airline will see the writing on the wall, and vote the thing in.

I know of a great may folks at Delta who had no plans to "rubber stamp" the original plan (pay raises of 7/4/4/4% seemed pretty low, even with some "equity").

I bet even fewer will vote "yes" if the new agreement offers less.

Then Delta can raise the bar over AA's, SWA's, and CAL's new contracts next year...the way it's supposed to work. Beats settling for a concessionary contract going forward.

Last edited:
I am just curious if the 9's will be parked. If they are we are in store for lots of furloughs at this new airline

Latest resources

Back