FLASH, This just in,...NWA and DAL pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Occam:

You could be correct, but politically I can not find it to be a credible report given other known facts. If true, the USAPA spilt is going to look like a Girl Scout Bake Sale in comparison.

Last edited:
Agree with everything except the implication that all narrowbody flying is in danger. It is not, unless it is sold for a cookie. I think priority number 1 for every upcoming contract should be to recapture any jet over 50 seats. That is more important than hourly rate raises, night overrides, per diem bumps and rigs. If the flying is gone, the rest of the contract doesn't mean anything. The more flying you outsource, the more pressure there is to outsource. I am against the notion of any kind of a B scale, but if the only way to get the 51+ seaters back on the mainline seniority lists is market based pay and work rule side letters, it has to be done. B scales are bad. Outsourcing is worse.

Translation: We mainline pilots will undercut the industry leading regional rates to "recapture" the flying.....Thanks "brother".......

Once again....this union is a joke....This is going to get ugly....

Occam:

You could be correct, but politically I can not find it to be a credible report given other known facts. :cool: If true, the USAPA spilt is going to look like a Girl Scout Bake Sale in comparison:cool: .

:bomb: :angryfire :uzi:

New pressure applied?

Perhaps management recently showed the MECs (in confidence), a juicy new carrot and/or a huge new stick. Could that have changed the political situation?

Translation: We mainline pilots will undercut the industry leading regional rates to "recapture" the flying.....Thanks "brother".......

Once again....this union is a joke....This is going to get ugly....

Is that kinda on par with being the smartest kid on the short bus? :cool: Protection for Mainline jobs is better for the industry as a whole no matter how much you justify staying at the regionals. You made your decision based on whats best for you and thats honorable but outsourcing mainline flying is bad for the industry and pay in general.

Last edited:
Is that kinda on par with being the smartest kid on the short bus? :cool:

.....well the "smartest kids on the short bus" are making pretty good coin considering the industry....130K at the top end of the "short bus".....The mainline folks seem ready to undercut that to protect their jobs.....I guess there are whores at every level.......

.....well the "smartest kids on the short bus" are making pretty good coin considering the industry....130K at the top end of the "short bus".....The mainline folks seem ready to undercut that to protect their jobs.....I guess there are whores at every level.......

Do you realize how stupid that sounds? The majors have been undercut by the regionals for years. You, Me and everyone at the regionals have undercut the majors. The kicker is that the fault for that happening falls onto the pilots at the major carriers that let the cat out of the bag with allowing the jets to go to the regionals in the first place. The point i am making is we need to stop it and get the cat back in the bag. You may be making decent money now but what about your FO's are they making good money? How long did it take you to get to the point of making decent money? I was a CA at a "good" regional and i didnt make above 80k. So you either have been with your company a very long time, or you are a check airman with a pay overide that works ALOT. Or your full of shat but i will give you the benefit of the doubt for discussion purposes. ;) Outsourcing the flying does nothing but divide us as pilots and that is what drives down the pay.

Last edited:
Perhaps management recently showed the MECs (in confidence), a juicy new carrot and/or a huge new stick. Could that have changed the political situation?
Perhaps within the MEC, but not at the line pilot level.

A course reversal, regardless of sound logic and reason, would destroy credibility and trust. Already there was a halfway organized run on the MEC. Take the goodies off the table, along with job protections and the fear of fleet reductions and it is a highly undesireable position for any ALPA politician. A very quick way to be outside the circle of trust.

We don't know if Occam's bomb is real, a Hollywood prop, or wishful thinking on the part of the NWA MEC.

Both sides are pretty well painted in a corner.

Now management on the other hand.... although Occam says this is a MEC thing.... hmm, still need a lot more information....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back