Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Their facts are correct, just dated.

Heyas FDJ,

I'm not arguing that the info is BS or dated, I'm just saying that it's NOT like the NYT to pull up a news wire article from 3 weeks ago and post it as today's news, especially considering that they've run stories under their own by-line since the covering how things fell apart.

Mistake? maybe...

BS, probably...someone could have just changed the date and slapped NYT on it. The fact that it didn't show up in a NYT search tends to back this up.

Nu

Or the airplane orders are the "go it alone plan."

Wow, $1.7B more, what multiple is that of NWA's revenue. Ouch.

How many DC-9s are you parking this year, how many 747s? Do you have any scheduled deliveries this year? No. Ouch.

Why does your MEC still want this deal?
Oh, there it is..broken record again...blah blah blah....

So it's all bogus and the NWA guys are NOT calling the Delta guys...wow...what a shock.

You are very wise young grasshoppa.

You sure you are a pilot?

;)

Nah, i am just a pilot who doesnt buy into all the BS. If the shareholders what it, and mgmt wants it they are going to try and no matter how much the DAL guys want to say it, mgmt is not putting their pilots wishes in front of everything else.;) Its going to keep getting interesting and in the meantime i am going to grab a beer and get some popcorn :beer:

I'll take a Sam Adams thanks!...scratch the popcorn...gotta watch the weight...I want to make sure I fit in that shiny new 787 someday, if it ever gets here...if it's really on order, if it ever flies, blah blah blah....

The only pool you should be concerned about is the hiring kind you'll be trying to get into after your next trip through CH11. Unless we merge and our financials save you down the road. In which case you really need to get up to speed on your terminology. I'm "senior bluebook" ....as in "My Captain is a senior bluebook guy from NWA".

Hey look everyone, it is NORTHWEST to the rescue!!! They will come in with their stellar financials and rescue anyone who MAY have some trouble down the road(even though Air France would EASILY do the same for us in a heartbeat). How does NWA do it? They took most of it from the NWA pilots during their BK. Yes, they kept their pensions, but lost everything else. But hey, if you need a loan, go to them first!

Bye Bye--General Lee

I'm
BS, probably...someone could have just changed the date and slapped NYT on it. The fact that it didn't show up in a NYT search tends to back this up.

Nu

Well, my take is that "Home and Away" ran a 3 week old Reuters article that just so happened to have a NYT credit on it.

Sometimes it's a slow news day at "Home and Away".

It sure kept this forum popping though.

I'll take a Sam Adams thanks!...scratch the popcorn...gotta watch the weight...I want to make sure I fit in that shiny new 787 someday, if it ever gets here...if it's really on order, if it ever flies, blah blah blah....

I can't wait to see a NWA 787. Man alive, it will be su-wheat! And, maybe on the day it rolls out it will be parked next to one of our new Delta Space Shuttles. Wow, that would be fantastic.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nah, i am just a pilot who doesnt buy into all the BS. If the shareholders what it, and mgmt wants it they are going to try and no matter how much the DAL guys want to say it, mgmt is not putting their pilots wishes in front of everything else.;) Its going to keep getting interesting and in the meantime i am going to grab a beer and get some popcorn :beer:

While you're at it, PLEASE, PLEASE, take a look at the index of a high and low chart. Learn how to read those again. Also, review SID/STARs. Do you guys on the DC9 have to file your own flight plans too? I hope not.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back