Fired!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Positive G

How does termination from non union regional reflect upon chances of hiring on with a major? Total and PIC time not being a factor.

When you mean Major Airline are you talking about size or pay?

Pay wise there aren't too many left.

Well, i'd wager to guess the reason for being terminated may just trump the union/non-union issue.

The same thought would also pertain to whatever is on his/her resume. It won't matter how much test pilot, lunar landings or 747 pic time you have, if you were fired because you ran up and down the terminal naked and then rubbed your a$$ cheeks on the chief pilots desk and computer keyboard, I would think you may get some interview questions twards explaining yourself/termination long before HR asks you about your quals or union views.

Last edited:
Major airline as in any step up from regonals obviously not major pay. My ? is has/can it be done? What advise dose anyone have to give? How does privious employment history come up at an interview? Is this some thing that is looked into before you even get a call for interview, such as PRIA? Obviously can't hide it, it would look bad if company found out on their own. So how would one explain their screw up at a company that did not belive in a second chance. Would an airline even consider an aplicant with a black mark?

Thanks

P.S. Flight related no incident or accident and unfortantly no streaking up and down the terminal. A story I will tell over a cold beverage not over the internet.
They say there are those that have and those that will. Hope it dosent happen to you.

P.S. Flight related no incident or accident and unfortantly no streaking up and down the terminal. A story I will tell over a cold beverage not over the internet.
They say there are those that have and those that will. Hope it dosent happen to you.

Are you the one that floated the flight attendant on a ferry flight and popped the IDG?

Major airline as in any step up from regonals obviously not major pay. My ? is has/can it be done? What advise dose anyone have to give? How does privious employment history come up at an interview? Is this some thing that is looked into before you even get a call for interview, such as PRIA? Obviously can't hide it, it would look bad if company found out on their own. So how would one explain their screw up at a company that did not belive in a second chance. Would an airline even consider an aplicant with a black mark?

Thanks

Those that will? sorry, you won't see me conducting a flight with blatant disregard for regulations.

Latest resources

Back