Fired From Virgin America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluejuice787

A good friend that I used to work with at Jetblue was recently fired. I do not know all the details but I can say that it was the most un-called for firing I have ever heard of. Apparently he asked a question during indoc about being typed as a captain. The guy that answered the question is know as an egomaniac and was most likely hired to manage pilot expectations by intimidation. Ironically he was know for these very same qualities at Airtran.

My friend is one of the most trustworthy honorable men I know. I have worked with him for nearly ten years and can say unequivically that he did not deserve what was so easily handed to him by Virgin.

It is my personal opinion that he was fired for the very qualities that got him hired. He is honest, professional, hard working and a dedicated family man.

Be very careful about applying to Virgin. They say one thing about treatment and values and do the opposite.

Juice

edited for spelling

Last edited:
A good friend that I used to work with at Jetblue was recently fired. I do not know all the details but I can say that it was the most un-called for firing I have ever heard of. Apparently he asked a question during indoc about being typed as a captain. The guy that answered the question is know as an egomaniac and was most likely hired to manage pilot expectations by intimidation. Ironically he was know for these very same qualities at Airtran.

My friend is one of the most trustworthy honorable men I know. I have worked with him for nearly ten years and can say unequivically that he did not deserve what was so easily handed to him by Virgin.

It is my personal opinion that he was fired for the very qualities that got him hired. He is honest, professional, hard working and a dedicated family man.

Be very careful about applying to Virgin. They say one thing about treatment and values and do the opposite.

Juice

edited for spelling

Not sure about this guys bad luck, but there was another JB guy that got fired at VA for, from what I heard, talking too much bad stuff about VA (ie, "these seats are uncomfortable", or "these TV screens are going to break", etc).

The bad part, he was on leave from JB and when VA did a background check, JB didnt know he was in indoc at another airline, so he got fired from both...or was able to quit.

Again, another great guy, that kind of screwed himself.

Not sure about this guys bad luck, but there was another JB guy that got fired at VA for, from what I heard, talking too much bad stuff about VA (ie, "these seats are uncomfortable", or "these TV screens are going to break", etc).

The bad part, he was on leave from JB and when VA did a background check, JB didnt know he was in indoc at another airline, so he got fired from both...or was able to quit.

Again, another great guy, that kind of screwed himself.

I agree but my friend literally did nothing to get fired except run into the wrong a$$

Juice

For people that support Virgin America, how do they demonstrate that they care about employees? For example, do they provide good heath care insurance from day one?

A lot of companies make you wait three months (or more) so that they can claim any sickness is a pre-existing condition and don't have to provide insurance coverage. It is cheaper for the company (at the expense of the employees). I forget the exact number of days, but if you let your health insurance lapse for approx 60 days they can screw you (and your family members) over. When a company provides good coverage from day one it is a sign of a good company.

Juice

edited for spelling

Your friend didn't have the initials C.H. by chance?

I Think I know CH also, heard he had left JB and was thinking baout VA didnt know if he was there or not yet. Flew corp with him a few yrs back

Latest resources

Back