• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Financial problems for Sentient

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I see a mass exodus from SFG in the near future. There was alot of promises from mgt about raises coming soon and now they're up in smoke. When you can start as an FO at most of the fracs at a higher wage than most capt pay at SFG there isn't much incentive to stick around.

While that may be true about guy from Trenton.

WTF do you know about how TAG conducted their previous operations. I do know as do a number of people who post here. While TAG was/is by no means perfect, I will guarantee you that just everyone will vouch that there was NO "illegal crap" going on.

I'll second that. Maybe Bobby would like to show us what was going on?

I see a mass exodus from SFG in the near future. There was alot of promises from mgt about raises coming soon and now they're up in smoke. When you can start as an FO at most of the fracs at a higher wage than most capt pay at SFG there isn't much incentive to stick around.

Would not surprise me either, and I heard of those same promises.

Speaking of FO's I was told some of the STL capt's got busted down to FO.............gee what an incentive to stay.

Not true. They weren't given that option from what I was told. They didn't want any disgruntled captains flying as FO's at FO pay. The company was more worried about that than a person's livelihood.

Not true. They weren't given that option from what I was told. They didn't want any disgruntled captains flying as FO's at FO pay. The company was more worried about that than a person's livelihood.

Iam here to tell you it happened.

you're comprehension of what happened is seriously flawed and/or incomplete.

By reason of the circumstances set forth in the foregoing paragraphs, it appears to the Acting Administrator that AMI Jet Charter, Inc may no longer be qualified to exercise the privileges of an Air Carrier Certificate. Therefore, the Acting Administrator finds that safety in air commerce or air transportation and the public interest require the indefinite suspension of AMI Jet Charter, Inc’s Air Carrier Certificate until such time as AMI demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Acting Administrator, with documentation, that it has sufficient management personnel and the management structure, management systems and record systems, including record systems that show the qualifications of its pilots and the airworthiness status of its aircraft, in place to maintain effective and safe operational control and ensure the safety of its Part 135 operations. Furthermore, the Acting Administrator finds that an emergency exists and safety in air commerce or air transportation requires the immediate effectiveness of this order.

NOW THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, pursuant to the authority vested in the Acting Administrator pursuant to 49 U.S.C. §§44709 and 46105 that:

1. Any Air Carrier Certificate held by AMI Jet Charter, Inc, including Certificate No. IJ0A4091 be, and is hereby suspended on an emergency basis.

2. The suspension shall become effective as of the date of this Order.

3. Said suspension shall continue in force until such time as AMI demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Acting Administrator, with documentation, that it has sufficient management personnel and the management structure, management systems and record systems, including record systems that show the qualifications of its pilots and the airworthiness status of its aircraft, in place to maintain effective and safe operational control and ensure the safety of its Part 135 operations.

4. AMI Jet Charter, Inc.’s Air Carrier Certiciate must be surrendered at once by mail for delivery to the Regional Counsel, Federal Aviation Administration, 1 Aviation Plaza, Jamaica, NY 11434.

DETERMINATION OF EMERGENCY

Under 49 U.S.C. §46105(c) the Acting Administrator has determined that an emergency exists related to safety in air commerce. This determination is based on evidence that the FAA obtained during an ongoing investigation of AMI that indicates that it may not have operational control of its part 135 operations as required under the Federal Aviation Regulations. AMI may not have sufficient management personnel, management structures, management systems, and record systems in place to maintain effective and safe operational control over its part 135 operations.

Even after being warned in mid-September about the nature of what the FAA’s investigation was revealing, AMI was unable during a follow-up inspection that began on October 1, 2007 to timely produce or to produce at all the records that were requested during the inspection. As a result of AMI’s inability to timely produce or provide these records and its resulting inability to demonstrate that it has operational control over its part 135 operations, the Acting Administrator is unable to determine AMI’s current qualification to hold an air carrier certificate.

The Acting Administrator, therefore, finds that until he is able to establish that AMI has sufficient management personnel, management structures, management systems, and record systems in place to maintain effective and safe operational control over its part 135 operations, AMI poses an ongoing and unacceptable risk to aviation safety. Based on that risk, the Acting Administrator finds in accordance with 49 U.S.C. §46105(c) and the guidance found in Order 2150.3B, Chapter 6, pages 7-10 and Chapter 7, pages 1-3 that AMI’s continued use of its certificate while any proceedings related to the issuance of this Order are pending is contrary to the interest of safety in air commerce. In these circumstances, the public interest in ensuring that AMI is qualified to retain its certificate and operate in air commerce outweighs any inconvenience caused by the immediate interruption to AMI’s part 135 service.

AMI Jet Charter, Inc. may appeal from this Order in accordance with the Appeal paragraph below:

Loretta E. Alkalay
Regional Counsel

enuff said ...

Bob

Iam here to tell you it happened.
I guess this is part of the usual M.O. of mgt. Tell as many different stories as you can to as many people as you can, so nobody can figure out what the hell is really happening!

I guess this is part of the usual M.O. of mgt. Tell as many different stories as you can to as many people as you can, so nobody can figure out what the hell is really happening!

Unfortunately, very true. Some people may be considering lawsuits, not sure they have a case.

I heard there was a mass layoff of staff and pilots (not just STL), which started over a month ago. It doesn't sound like they are finished yet either!

Latest resources

Back