• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fexjet Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey there all. I am not here to make anyone mad or defensive. But I talk to FLEX pilots all the time, and they seem happy. Is the QOL really that bad? What is going on over there?

Life at Flex

It seems that since the NJA T/A, some here are ticked because we are not the highest paid any more. Personally, I enjoy it here. Prior to my coming here, the biggest complaint was the bidding system and being gone 6 days at a time with only 3 or 4 days off. Now, if you have to make a cross wind landing, people bi#$h.

CL300Pilot said:
It seems that since the NJA T/A, some here are ticked because we are not the highest paid any more. Personally, I enjoy it here. Prior to my coming here, the biggest complaint was the bidding system and being gone 6 days at a time with only 3 or 4 days off. Now, if you have to make a cross wind landing, people bi#$h.

You're clueless -- I am gonna guess (based on your clueslessness) that you have been with the company for less than 6 months, so I'll cut you some slack.

The QOL issues, many more of them than the 6/3 you eluded to, have been hashed about for years, not just since the NJA TA.

I'll grant you that true, one of the newer issues is regarding pay. But what you may not have been around for is the fact that we have been continously promised we would always be the best compensated in the industry, so there wasn't much to complain about. Now that NJA has raised the bar it would appear they are backing off that promise, so that's what people are really ticked about.

How about the fact we work 14 hour days on a regular basis and 40 more work days per year than any other frac? How bout the fact we are getting it up the back end in a big way on medical and benies next year. The company is saving boatloads of money on our plan next year and are doing so to the detriment of many families. My 8 year old could have negotiated a better deal than we are getting if they would simply have been willing to keep their expenditures equal to what they paid out this year versus cutting them.

You also fail to mention we are the only frac not paid overtime for holidays and get no hotel or per diem during training if you are DFW based like most of the company is. You also fail to mention that while RH himself is a pretty decent guy, most of management (especially DG) have pretty lowly opinion of the pilot group, even though we are the backbone of the business.

You also fail to mention that the other backbone -- the sales force -- has been screwed too and this has led to a slowdown in the exponential growth we saw before. And look at the numbers -- it wasn't 9/11 -- this slowdown directly coincides with their cutthroat tactics with the sales force, not 9/11. Now we have copier slaesman trying to sell aircraft shares -- we lost some great people in sales.

Do you even want to get me started on upgrades?

All that said, with a Union in place I think Flex could be the best of the best out there. But until then, I'm not sure I would want to keep hanging my hat there.

Peter_Griffin said:
You're clueless -- I am gonna guess (based on your clueslessness) that you have been with the company for less than 6 months, so I'll cut you some slack.
Mr. Griffen,

While I do not know what has been going on in the past, it is some what shocking to me that when I was looking to come to work for Flex, any pilots that I talked to on all 4 aircraft, all I heard complaint wise was that the PBS sucked and that being gone for 6 days sucked as well. It just seems to me, and again this is just my opinion, that most of what you stated above has come since the TA. I have been rather proactive on this board as far as researching other flex comments and so forth and have not heard any of what you stated above. Now don't get me wrong, I am not saying that you are not telling the truth or any thing along that line. It just seem to me that since the TA, that has all changed. When I talk to other pilots on the road, I do not hear what you are saying. Why is that? Again, why was this not said here or when talking to other pilots on the road before the TA? As far as a union goes, it seem to me that the company has always, from what I hear, taking care of the pilots. Has that changed since the TA as well? I do hope that you realize that I am not trying to start a piss#ng contest with you, just trying to be a better informed line pilot as to what changed.

Peter_Griffin said:
You also fail to mention that the other backbone -- the sales force -- has been screwed too and this has led to a slowdown in the exponential growth we saw before. And look at the numbers -- it wasn't 9/11 -- this slowdown directly coincides with their cutthroat tactics with the sales force, not 9/11. Now we have copier slaesman trying to sell aircraft shares -- we lost some great people in sales. --

I have to call BS on this one. The sales force just prior to BK coming in sucked.
But, it looks like new team is doing a great job.

cosmotheassman said:
From what I gather, the issues he talks about have been on the table for quite some time.

Cosmo,

You gather correctly. I am only stating that I do not remember reading anything about it here prior to the passing of the TA. That is mainly my question to Mr. Griffin. By the way Mr. G., sorry for the misspell of you last name above.

To CL300 -- I'm not lookingfor a pi$$ing contest either, but if you want to find evidence of what I am saying just look to BB or CAB notes for evidence of what I am saying. I think the TA is what started people being more vocal about their disatisfaction, especially publicly (like on this board) but the issues have been around. True the last union vote failed, but you gotta think what kind of problems were we having to spark a vote at all. This is nothing new for flex, just more intense then it has ever been.

To Flyingdog1 -- The current sales force is doing a decent job right now and they are getting better. But there was a huge lag time to get to this point. Not to get all SG on you (inside joke), but the math speaks for itself as to my correlation with sales number declines being about the renegotiated/forced commision structure not 9/11. So I don't think you can call BS, but I'd be more than happy (truly) for you to prove me wrong -- I wish I was. Unfortunatly the company has a way of spinning tragedy in the case of 9/11 or hot button issues like rising health care costs as to we are getting it up the back end when sometimes it's just mismanagment plain and simple.

To Cosmo -- glad to see you coming around dude. The movie not be as good on our side, but at least it is broadcast in crystal clear HDTV, versus the blue smoky screen youwere watching just a short while ago.

Peter_Griffin said:
To CL300 -- I'm not lookingfor a pi$$ing contest either, but if you want to find evidence of what I am saying just look to BB or CAB notes for evidence of what I am saying. I think the TA is what started people being more vocal about their disatisfaction, especially publicly (like on this board) but the issues have been around. True the last union vote failed, but you gotta think what kind of problems were we having to spark a vote at all. This is nothing new for flex, just more intense then it has ever been.

To Flyingdog1 -- The current sales force is doing a decent job right now and they are getting better. But there was a huge lag time to get to this point. Not to get all SG on you (inside joke), but the math speaks for itself as to my correlation with sales number declines being about the renegotiated/forced commision structure not 9/11. So I don't think you can call BS, but I'd be more than happy (truly) for you to prove me wrong -- I wish I was. Unfortunatly the company has a way of spinning tragedy in the case of 9/11 or hot button issues like rising health care costs as to we are getting it up the back end when sometimes it's just mismanagment plain and simple.

To Cosmo -- glad to see you coming around dude. The movie not be as good on our side, but at least it is broadcast in crystal clear HDTV, versus the blue smoky screen youwere watching just a short while ago.

Is this in English? I read it 3 times and still had no idea what you were trying to say.

Latest resources

Back