Feels good to be profitable again!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wasn't.

After only 18 months with the company I pulled the plug and took the early out to avoid what I believed was an obvious furlough situation. Nice company, nice folks, but I seriously doubt I would have been recalled in five years....more like 5 to 10. Even then, how long to upgrade once I was recalled? Seen it played out elsewhere, furlough down til it hurts and keep it there as long as possible. Profitablity does not mean there will be a rush to recall. While the absense of 495 slarires and benefit packages didn't save the company, common sense says they aren't (economically) missing us either. Not worth the wait for me, but best of luck to everyone waiting.

Living plan "B" and actually enjoying it. Who knew? :)

Good to hear! I hope everything works out for each and every one of you!

Last edited:
I wasn't.

After only 18 months with the company I pulled the plug and took the early out to avoid what I believed was an obvious furlough situation. Nice company, nice folks, but I seriously doubt I would have been recalled in five years....more like 5 to 10. Even then, how long to upgrade once I was recalled? Seen it played out elsewhere, furlough down til it hurts and keep it there as long as possible. Profitablity does not mean there will be a rush to recall. While the absense of 495 slarires and benefit packages didn't save the company, common sense says they aren't (economically) missing us either. Not worth the wait for me, but best of luck to everyone waiting.

Living plan "B" and actually enjoying it. Who knew? :)

Excellent decision. It ain't rocket science. The fractional job I quit during the recession ws costing me money every month, with no end in sight. Sometimes people simply have to make a decision.

The last I checked the Ultra/Encore and 400 are all in disposal. This is ALL the small fleets. This would at some point down the road leaves no small fleet. (Granted this will take a while).

Most of our training is farmed out and most of the maintenance is farmed out. Its not like we have to buy simulators and buy tooling for each different type of airplane. I don't see having a bunch of fleets here as being a big deal like it would at an Airline.
According to NetJets.com the XL/XLS is considered light cabin too. We still have over 100 of these aircraft, and have not as of yet been put on permanent fleet disposal.

Of course, netjets.com still has the 4000 and BBJ on it.:erm:

According to NetJets.com the XL/XLS is considered light cabin too. We still have over 100 of these aircraft, and have not as of yet been put on permanent fleet disposal.

Of course, netjets.com still has the 4000 and BBJ on it.:erm:
The XL is a super-light. There doesn't appear to be a category on there for this or Super-mid (G200, H4000). It's simply marketing so as not to further confuse the buyer looking at the website.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back