Feels good to be profitable again!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well

If 100 planes are sitting and we sold 5 more worth of customers I would assume that we only have 95 planes sitting now.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that ALL the small fleets are in disposal. This doesn't make sense from a "Sales" perspective to me. Am I missing something? Is Netjets going to be a "Big Boys Club" and only offer Midsize and above airplanes in the future?

Well

If 100 planes are sitting and we sold 5 more worth of customers I would assume that we only have 95 planes sitting now.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that ALL the small fleets are in disposal. This doesn't make sense from a "Sales" perspective to me. Am I missing something? Is Netjets going to be a "Big Boys Club" and only offer Midsize and above airplanes in the future?

Yes, you are missing something. First of all, not all small cabins are in disposal. Second, it'll take years to fully dispose of all those on the blocks. Even if the market recovered today, the OEMs would prefer we not dump dozens of any one type on the market at once. Prices would plummet once again. There are already trade in incentives in place to prevent this from happening.

Don't you think it makes sense to reduce the overall number of types, and that a new type to replace the ones in disposal will take time to evaluate, order, and take delivery once we are fully recovered? I don't believe our new boss will make a large purchase based upon emotion, like the HS400XP. And excess variety in any one cabin type creates a logistical and operational nightmare.

PS: CRJ, it is fact. On the one hand you complain about lack of info. Then you say you don't have the time to call the union. Which is it? I really hope you find another job soon, as your bitterness would make anyone paired with you wonder if your heart and mind are really where they need to be. Of 482 furloughed pilots, you are the only one to slam their fellow pilots, union, and company, all in the same breath. I sincerely hope you find a way to lose the hostility and find reason to be happy, soon.

Umm, I asked a question...and your mostly retarded.

Maybe I'll be happy when you retire ya old geezer:crying:

Last edited:
The last I checked the Ultra/Encore and 400 are all in disposal. This is ALL the small fleets. This would at some point down the road leaves no small fleet. (Granted this will take a while).

Most of our training is farmed out and most of the maintenance is farmed out. Its not like we have to buy simulators and buy tooling for each different type of airplane. I don't see having a bunch of fleets here as being a big deal like it would at an Airline.

Last edited:
Although limited, Encore+ is the fourth. I understand we don't have many, but it is not in disposal. I still think it makes sense to find one good, reliable small cabin "starter" jet. Something bright, shiny, and built with fractional flying in mind. Maybe the Phenom 300 or CJ4?

All told, before any disposals were planned, we had 18 different types (I include jets like GIV, 450, V, 550, etc as separate fleets). It's not just about maintenance and training, although training will eventually be consolodated in the campus. The man hours alone to deal with SOPs, checklists, FOM, Ops Specs, etc make it a much more costly endeavor to have so many types of a/c. It also simplifies sales. We'll see I guess.

Last edited:
I think EJM and Marquis are coming thru for us. flying is increasing, it is NOT the same as "1st quarter 2009".... B*llS**t

(Netflier, next time don't forget to mention the name of the company you're talking about)

One Family, One team.....dont forget that fooo.

Netjets IS operational profitable on thier own as of Jan 2010, nobody is carry us, your belief is wrong

Sorry

I don't agree with that. All the fleets are virtually run the same now. The sim profiles are even identical (although I think this isn't very smart).

Is this a question or a statement of fact? If fact, where did u hear this? Recurrent, out online? Just curious since we get no indications of what is going on.

It is fact. Double-secret CORR COM

Pervis and others, if you guys have accurate and positive info please pass it on to the "other" NJ pilot bored. A lot of us furloughed guys that aren't in the loop need to hear something positive....

Are there REALLY NJ pilots who are willing to wait YEARS and still come back?

I wasn't.

After only 18 months with the company I pulled the plug and took the early out to avoid what I believed was an obvious furlough situation. Nice company, nice folks, but I seriously doubt I would have been recalled in five years....more like 5 to 10. Even then, how long to upgrade once I was recalled? Seen it played out elsewhere, furlough down til it hurts and keep it there as long as possible. Profitablity does not mean there will be a rush to recall. While the absense of 495 slarires and benefit packages didn't save the company, common sense says they aren't (economically) missing us either. Not worth the wait for me, but best of luck to everyone waiting.

Living plan "B" and actually enjoying it. Who knew? :)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back