Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
making sence...

Ninerfan said:
Have heard a persistent rumor that the next seat bid will cover a longer time period...perhaps 2 years. Also, I keep hearing a rumor that new hires would be seat locked for two years. I am not in favor of either approach but thought I'd pass the rumor along.

I can understand the longer bid cycle. I'm sure there are lots of costs associated with pilots playing musical chairs while switching seats frequently. However, with retirements and growth, I don't see how new hires could be seat locked for 2 years. Unless we trained directly into all back and right seats I don't see it as a possibility.

Historically, when FedEx has tried longer bid cycles, they always have a clean-up bid and adjust the training letter anyway. It is hard to predict needed staffing levels 6 months from now let alone 2 years from now.

Goose17

Air Force jet used for pilot training (i.e. T-38, T-37)

And of course the T-1 Jayhawk. I'm sure this was just an oversight:)

Are there still folks out there who did a meet and greet as early as April '05?

From peeps involved in new hire training. Starting in Feb classes will be 70 per month indefinitely.

More time

BUCK said:
I did mine in early March 05. I think it's not going to happen for me.

Buck: If the time in your profile is correct and you are all civilian time, I would guess that your total time being on the low side might be holding you back, FOR NOW.

I would keep flying, keep updating, and keep reminding your sponsor that you are still interested in FedEx. Continual updates to your profile are extremely important. With all the apps in the pipeline it may just take some time before you get enough time to compete more favorably with the rest of the folks out there.

That is just a SWAG, but maybe something to consider.

Good luck.

FJ

Malter1 said:
Hiring rumor: I've heard that there are 1,000 guys that they "want to call for interviews". This could mean a number of things depending on what is meant by the quote. Are there 1,000 guys who've had their meet 'n' greet who are on deck to meet the hiring board? Have they already met the hiring board? If this is true, and they plan to hire 500 this year, at around 80% rate of hire, that is almost a two year wait for those who were the last to have their meet 'n' greet.

Or..........does it mean that there are 1,000 of the roughly 4,650 pilots who are currently sponsoring guys.

I had my meet 'n' greet with J.L. in Nov. which was probably one of the very last ones. He told me to expect a 4-6 month wait but, if there are truly 1,000 guys on deck, I'm in for a longer wait than that.

Any help with, what I hope is flawed math, would be greatly appreciated!
Disregard all..........just got the call!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back