• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex Rumors?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hiring rumor: I've heard that there are 1,000 guys that they "want to call for interviews". This could mean a number of things depending on what is meant by the quote. Are there 1,000 guys who've had their meet 'n' greet who are on deck to meet the hiring board? Have they already met the hiring board? If this is true, and they plan to hire 500 this year, at around 80% rate of hire, that is almost a two year wait for those who were the last to have their meet 'n' greet.

Or..........does it mean that there are 1,000 of the roughly 4,650 pilots who are currently sponsoring guys.

I had my meet 'n' greet with J.L. in Nov. which was probably one of the very last ones. He told me to expect a 4-6 month wait but, if there are truly 1,000 guys on deck, I'm in for a longer wait than that.

Any help with, what I hope is flawed math, would be greatly appreciated!

What the heck is a white jet?

I thought Euro SIBA was staying Airbus?

you make a mean Caucasian

Malter1 said:
Hiring rumor: I've heard that there are 1,000 guys that they "want to call for interviews". This could mean a number of things depending on what is meant by the quote. Are there 1,000 guys who've had their meet 'n' greet who are on deck to meet the hiring board? Have they already met the hiring board? If this is true, and they plan to hire 500 this year, at around 80% rate of hire, that is almost a two year wait for those who were the last to have their meet 'n' greet.

Or..........does it mean that there are 1,000 of the roughly 4,650 pilots who are currently sponsoring guys.

I had my meet 'n' greet with J.L. in Nov. which was probably one of the very last ones. He told me to expect a 4-6 month wait but, if there are truly 1,000 guys on deck, I'm in for a longer wait than that.

Any help with, what I hope is flawed math, would be greatly appreciated!

Did you do your grip and grin at night?? I heard they do the majority of these at night.

Uppercrust said:
Did you do your grip and grin at night?? I heard they do the majority of these at night.
You crack me up......you really do.

I heard a new one tonight...

I was talking with my neighbor tonight, who is an MD-11 flex captain. He said he has heard from multiple sources (must be accurate then, right?) that the hiring number for this year is around 1200! We have never before hired pilots even close to that rate.

I personally think it's just rumor mill run amuck, but I thought I would pass it along.

The more - the merrier.

Goose17

I heard the replacement for the 72 would be the Airbus, that the talk about the 757 and others was just bluff on Fred's part to drive Airbus prices down.

Longer Training Cycle

Have heard a persistent rumor that the next seat bid will cover a longer time period...perhaps 2 years. Also, I keep hearing a rumor that new hires would be seat locked for two years. I am not in favor of either approach but thought I'd pass the rumor along.

Latest resources

Back