• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F-16_Pic said:
Gummo,
Nope, just the 737 type.
Pic

ps. Don't know the rhyme/reason for the selection process--and I'm definitely not the smartest one in the pool--just lucky I guess. I also get all the good parking spaces.

You obviously spent last night in a Holiday Inn Express!

Congrats.

FJ

Ran into the June 19th new hire class Tuesday morning in AOC while they were on a field trip.
16 were headed to the right seat in ANC and 1 was going to SFS.
Keep 'em coming.

tplear said:
July 10.......10 slots

July 10...10 slots...thanks tplear

...that would bring the # of new hires in the MD-11 total to about 50 thru 10 July.

Do you have any intel on the # left to train in the MD-11 this summer?

Mahalo

The latest update to the training letter shows 34 "nuggets" currently in the pipe for ANC MD-11. That includes all 16 from the June 19th class, down to seniority #4722. If the July 10th class is 100% ANC, then I would bet two more classes of 12 are in the works. Just my educated guess.

Phaedrus said:
I don't understand how they're selecting the MD-11 trainees. Nothing against anyone that has been selected, but how does a guy with ERJ and fighter time get selected? I also know of a RJ/C-130 guy who got selected. I have DC-10 type/international experience/and B717 type (avionics exactly the same as the -11 ... minus one row of engine instruments!).
Seriously, I'm begrudging noone of their selection. I'd be the first to hoist an ale and congratulate you. I'm simply wondering what is the rhyme/reason?

Ditto. Congrats to MsFan, Pic and everyone else in training or about to start. I also thought a guy with 10 time would of had a good chance at getting the MD-11. Oh well, standby to standby. Those water survival classes are paying off. Good luck all...........:beer:

I just heard a rumor, hopefully way off base, that those of us in the pool who have not been blessed with an ANC MD-11 may not begin training until Dec ! Man, I hope that's wrong! Anyone have any scraps of info?

Malter: I doubt the validity of that rumor. I heard that the instructors have been told to standby for heavy rolls in Aug, meaning that the floodgates would open up then.

Just another rumor, so worth very little, but at least it is positive instead of negative.

Keep the faith and hang in there. Enjoy your time off now and keep the online profile up to date. It is just a matter of time before you are cruising Beale with the real Elvis.

FJ

active_herk said:
Just a thought.....

I wonder if the two who started Friday are going to Subic, and as a reward for taking that assignment, got to start a little earlier and gain seniority on the other 17?

Opinions??

Wow! More pieces to the pool puzzle. The two who started early were internal. They are also going to the right seat of the Boeing!

16 of the 17 that started this week are indeed going to the -11 in ANC, looks like one is going to Subic for the Bus.

Don't know if there is any rhyme or reason, but it appears that the internals got a pretty good deal (and deservedly so). Maybe they were offered a choice of ANC or MEM.

In either case I am still betting that the classes for the Boeing will start up in late Jul or Aug.

FJ

You boys heard it here first - - - it's 737-800's, 50 to 60 of them, and it will be announced soon....

Latest resources

Back