• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone is required by the FOM now to carry a valid passport. I would try to get it renewed before starting, but you won't actually need it until you start to fly. I would start the renewel process and just make sure you let someone know if you don't have it back yet when you start class. It might be something to let KD know when she calls as well.

Congrats MsFan and F16! Good call on getting the wif's permission!!!!!!

FJ

New passport plus all the visas (China and India) will need takes about 7 weeks without the expediting. Plus the company will pay for it. There's plenty of time to get it back while in new-hire training. As long as your current one doesn't expire before you start, I would bring the old one and start the process to get a new one on day 1. It only takes about 15 minutes, then the rest is done by support staff(including the pictures), and they are very good and the paperwork and the process. Be sure to keep a copy of the old one so that you can use it to jumpseat offline if you have to. Oh yeah, go setup a shipping account so that you have an account number ready to use to ship your passport out and back. They will convert it to an employee account once you're on the property.

Congrats to the new folks!

Thanks FJ and Purpled. You've answered my question. I'll just get the expedited service, two weeks return. I'm still a poolie, no class date yet, so I have time. Better safe than sorry, and I don't want to make any waves.

I don't understand how they're selecting the MD-11 trainees. Nothing against anyone that has been selected, but how does a guy with ERJ and fighter time get selected? I also know of a RJ/C-130 guy who got selected. I have DC-10 type/international experience/and B717 type (avionics exactly the same as the -11 ... minus one row of engine instruments!).
Seriously, I'm begrudging noone of their selection. I'd be the first to hoist an ale and congratulate you. I'm simply wondering what is the rhyme/reason?

Phaedrus,

I'd have to agree with you, it doesn't make much sense. Maybe their sponsers had more pull than yours? I don't know if that even matters though. Good luck getting here.

All the smart guys are getting called first. If you're dumb, you get to wait. Period.

I hope all the dumb guys respond.

Last edited:
Lippy-

Don't drink and post! :beer: You and Tim need to put down the adult beverage and step away from the computer.

I will make sure to call you early in the morning to see how you feel :).

Can you say :puke:?

Beertini

Got the call today to update my physical and drug test....interviewed Jan 18-19.

Looking at the other posts, I guess it's about 6 wks from the "update" call to the "class offer" call....??

Any new intel on the # of remaining MD-11 training classes and total slots this summer?

Previous intel showed a need for about 68 MD-11 FOs at ANC, with the following classes in progress:

May 22 - 10 slots
June 5 - 12 slots
June 19 - 18 slots
Jul 10 - ?? slots

...with a new class starting approximately every 2 weeks.

Also, any new intel when 727 SO or FO slots will start?

I'm starting the 4,500+ mile move back to the east coast on Thursday.

Aloha

Gummo,
Nope, just the 737 type.
Pic

ps. Don't know the rhyme/reason for the selection process--and I'm definitely not the smartest one in the pool--just lucky I guess. I also get all the good parking spaces.

Last edited:
Congrats!

F-16_Pic said:
Gummo,
Nope, just the 737 type.
Pic

ps. Don't know the rhyme/reason for the selection process--and I'm definitely not the smartest one in the pool--just lucky I guess. I also get all the good parking spaces.

Congrats Pic...must have been a great call from KD

Cheers, Cujo:beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back