Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DLax85 said:
July 10...10 slots...thanks tplear

...that would bring the # of new hires in the MD-11 total to about 50 thru 10 July.

Do you have any intel on the # left to train in the MD-11 this summer?

Mahalo

Was told about 70 total to ANC....that would leave 2 more classes of 10 each

I heard...

Wildmanny said:
My word is 90-100 737-800s from Malaysian Airlines. Woohoo! A more comfortable slave ship!
I heard 130-200 T-37B's. Can only carry 5 FedEx padded packs in the nose compartment, but it'll allow some of our less motivated Reserve IPs to maintain their spin currency in the CBM surge MOAs.

Comments?

Sluggo_63 said:
I heard 130-200 T-37B's. Can only carry 5 FedEx padded packs in the nose compartment...

Comments?

Dont forget behind the seats... another 5 boxes...

and I dont think anything (but $$ or :beer: ) will motivated "less motivated" reservists...

Motivated Reservist is an oxymoron (atleast in AETC)! Only 5-10 boxes? Hogwash! You can take the other seat out and stuff it full, plus, there is always the big Nav Kit area you could stuff something into (like your attitude Sluggo).

Wildmanny said:
My word is 90-100 737-800s from Malaysian Airlines. Woohoo! A more comfortable slave ship!

The website only lists 39 737-400s (as of a year ago). I guess they could have acq'd them since them, but I suspect another source...or that this rumor will vanish into the either like the others. Either way, it's nice to think about.

Malter1 said:
I just heard a rumor, hopefully way off base, that those of us in the pool who have not been blessed with an ANC MD-11 may not begin training until Dec ! Man, I hope that's wrong! Anyone have any scraps of info?

You sure they didn't mean that the pool would be drained by December? If there are currently about 180 in the pool and they ran 30 a month starting in July, the last poolies would be on property in Dec.

Wishful thinking on my part?

Malaysia Airlines' aircraft fleet as at February 01, 2006:

Aircraft type
B747-400 (Passenger) 17
747-200 (Freighter) 8
B777-200 17
A330-200 5
A330-300 11
B737-400 39
F50 9
DHC6 Twin Otter 5
Total number of aircraft = 111

Source below.

http://hq.malaysiaairlines.com/mys/eng/about_us/corporate_info/fleet_status/fleet_status.asp

Last edited:
Malter1 said:
I just heard a rumor, hopefully way off base, that those of us in the pool who have not been blessed with an ANC MD-11 may not begin training until Dec ! Man, I hope that's wrong! Anyone have any scraps of info?

Buddy of mine just interviewed at the end of May...he was told the folks in "their group" who were hired wouldn't start until Dec due to the large # of folks in the current pool who would be training this summer/fall.

Regarding the 737 rumors...what would be the time frame on actually acquiring these acft?

Wildmanny said:
Motivated Reservist is an oxymoron (atleast in AETC)! Only 5-10 boxes? Hogwash! You can take the other seat out and stuff it full, plus, there is always the big Nav Kit area you could stuff something into (like your attitude Sluggo).
Where's the love?

Latest resources

Back